What are you listening to right now??? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lt1fire

SILVER Star
Threads
Thought this thread would be a good one. It lets us know each others music tastes and can also lead to doors for music we might not have ever heard of.

Right now the volume knob is at 35 and Metallica, Sanitarium is pumping out.
http://youtu.be/WElvEZj0Ltw
The previous songs were

Rammstein: Bang Bang
http://youtu.be/e502auOnLuA

Shine down: Simple man
http://youtu.be/rgFQ6WmxdMs

Earlier I was listening to the O' Brother where art thou, soundtrack....... Blue Grass may actually be starting to wear off on me

Last edited:
Boris - "When We're Gone" from the Pink CD. ID3 tags say Stoner Doom Rock, all I know is Boris frickin' rocks.

Listened to Love as Laughter's "Holy" CD y'day on the way to and from URE.

Dropkick Murphys are incredible. I usually keep them as my spring go-to band, them and Flogging Molly.

Right now, Laura and I are listening to the Bills + Dolphins game. Bills are getting crushed:mad:

I'm listening to a 6 month old trying to talk right now! Women....

GLTHFJ60 said:
Dropkick Murphys are incredible. I usually keep them as my spring go-to band, them and Flogging Molly.

Right now, Laura and I are listening to the Bills + Dolphins game. Bills are getting crushed:mad:

Yep saw them both live at my college in London. They were incredible. Been a fan ever since

shellb said:
Yep saw them both live at my college in London. They were incredible. Been a fan ever since

Doh! This is Al using bretts ipad

Drink in my hand by Eric Church...

Trampled By Turtles- Where Is My Mind - YouTube

Good to see some other folks feeling the bluegrass groove. I grew up on a regionaly folksy music called "Roundtop". It has some bluegrass and "ole' time" music roots. I loved it as a little kid, hated it through my teen years. But now, I find myself listening to bluegrass (mostly hippie grass, or "newgrass") better than half the time.

I also listen a lot to:

My Morning Jacket
Heartless Bastards
Band of Horses

And my goto timeless music:
Phish
Grateful Dead
Allman Brothers
Widespread Panic
DMB
Pearl Jam (Mother Love Bone, Temple of the Dog)

Some of my favorites from the 90's when I was listening solely to "alt country" or "Americana":
Son Volt
Uncle Tupelo
Whiskeytown (Ryan Adams)
Backsliders
Wilco
Blue Mountain
Old 97's

Music is a huge part of my life, and I miss the days of watching live music on average of once a week.

:beer: R

I love the bluegras! Love me som Turtles and Old Crow. Always have to listen to some Waylon!

AX7 Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare

Probably to hip for you old F....ers! :flipoff2: They play rock and roll, with an edge, that I can play air guitar to while consuming mass quantities of :beer: I had never heard of Dropkick Murphy so I played "Kiss me, I'm s***faced". Great lyrics but the singing suxs! :censor: Kinda reminds me of John Prine or David Allen Coe. Lookem up if you never heard of them. I'm from the old rock and roll school, but recently my music has changed to: AX7, Linkin Park, Amber Pacific, Jamiroquai, etc. Not into dubstep though, I must be too old. :mad: If I only had one person/band to listen to though, it would have to be..... drum roll please...
Barry White!!!!

Kenny :beer:

AX7 Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare

Probably to hip for you old F....ers! :flipoff2: They play rock and roll, with an edge, that I can play air guitar to while consuming mass quantities of :beer: I had never heard of Dropkick Murphy so I played "Kiss me, I'm s***faced". Great lyrics but the singing suxs! :censor: Kinda reminds me of John Prine or David Allen Coe. Lookem up if you never heard of them. I'm from the old rock and roll school, but recently my music has changed to: AX7, Linkin Park, Amber Pacific, Jamiroquai, etc. Not into dubstep though, I must be too old. :mad: If I only had one person/band to listen to though, it would have to be..... drum roll please...
Barry White!!!!

Kenny :beer:

AX7 is some good stuff. The DM's are one of those bands that you just have to see live. Also check out the dirty glass, warriors code, Caught in a jar, God willing.

Enjoying some Me First and the Gimmie Gimmie's at the moment

Theory of a Deadman's cover of Midnight rider is pretty good too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd5ILIx51HY

ani difranco and black label society

Good stuff so far....

I listen to everything, from bluegrass to hardcore and love most of it. I've been chilling out to some Dallas Green tonight. Great :beer: music. Just a badass musician and vocalist, even though he is canadian..lol

and on piano

Last edited:
Vincent Black Lightning and Rain and Snow - two of my favorites! LOVE DMB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom