What are you guys using for seats?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

H

Hodag

The new 60's drivers seat it toast. Its bent, and leans toward the pass side rear. Makes it nice to peek at my daughter in the back seat, not so nice on my back.
I am planning on hitting the pick-and-pull this weekend to look around.

Anyone have any suggestions? Im not opposed to fabbing brackets to mount them, but a easy bolt in would be nice. They need to remain adjustable as I am 6'6" and the wife is 5'2".

Thanks, Hodag

Im putting a set of recaros in mine.

Front buckets from a 94 Mitsubishi Diamante. Luv them.

Audi sport seats - 5-way adjstable + lumbar + heat. Besides, my back's been formed to them over 14 yrs.

I'm using the front two seats from an '04 Honda Pilot. They are very firm (which I like) and the drivers side is power adjustable.

I ended up using square perforated tube (like what holds a stop sign up) as a bracket adapter. Worked great!

94 Subaru Legacy seats, used the sliders off the 60 seats and braced the Subaru seats with some angel iron at the back and flat stock at the front, I love having lumbar support.

(sits a little higher now though)

Beanie said:
94 Subaru Legacy seats, used the sliders off the 60 seats and braced the Subaru seats with some angel iron at the back and flat stock at the front, I love having lumbar support.

(sits a little higher now though)

I got a set of seats out of a mid 90's neon. Almost bolted right in using stock brackets. Also had to shim the back up so they didn't lay back so far. These also sit higher that stock. It is really nice on the trail when your hanging out the window.

saab and volvo seats are very comfortable...

I've got a friend who got some kia sedona leather seats with heat and 8 way power adjustable and power lumbar man are they nice . A little bit of fabbing and they mounted up nice . The base they come on is solid metal walled so lots of places to drill and mount.

Ever since seeing Tapage's suspension seats in the "interior pics" thread, I'm on the lookout. Those look comfy. eshelbyk mentioned that Trooper seats are similar. I'll update when found.
HZJ60 Guy said:
Im putting a set of recaros in mine.
What? No sliders? :flipoff2: Sellin' 'em to 2badfjs BTW. Hope all is well.

Try one of these. Might have to cut a small hole in the roof in order to poke your head out due to your height, but if you want comfort and versatility this is the way to go.
sweet.jpg

I got a pair of fronts out of an '88 Mazda MX6 and LOVE 'em. The foam is much more firm and the side bolsters on the bottom and back add the perfect amount of support for me. They were a tight fit (the bottom bolsters contact the door armrests when the doors are closed), but well worth it. I did have to pay a good amount to have brackets designed and made for 'em, but it was well worth it to me. Here's the thread I posted after having 'em done.

I just got a pair of Camray seats from a salvage yard called "Toyota Heaven". Leather, electric, lumbar. Really nice. I haven't put them in yet, but when I do, I'll put up pics. I took out the stock seats and set them in place, and it looks as if they'll fit fine. Just need to grind off the old mounting brackets and put in a couple of pieces of angle iron. I can't wait!

nice to see a fellow Panic freak on the LC message board!!

you coming out for Red Rocks?

Tinker said:
Audi sport seats - 5-way adjstable + lumbar + heat. Besides, my back's been formed to them over 14 yrs.

Are those Audi 5000 seat by chance and if there how did make the bracket for them?I actually have a set in my truck now but with limited tools my brackets are kind of ghetto and the seat sits about and inch higher than stock which makes it kinda weird driving it now.Although they are really comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom