What are you guys using for radiator overflow cans? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Colorado Boy-74-FJ40

I may grow older but I refuse to grow up!
Threads
Got any ideas ...Pics?

I just used this from jegs, work really well too. Heres the link.
click me!

I went to the local auto parts store (G.I. Joes, Schucks) and bought their cheapo universal bottle. I think I paid 10 or 12 bucks. I think their is a lot of info on this in the FAQ. The FJ60's have a cool setup, but then I called the $tealer and they wanted 90 bucks for all the parts!

CCOT has a replacement but it is pretty cheesy! When I purchused my 40 it came with a 1 gallon milk jug! WT!

I used a generic radiator overflow bottle that is sold at Checker ($14) and welded a bracket and mounted it next to my radiator. Very clean install. I'll post pics tonight.

Thanks 88. I called the local checker auto here and they have the mcr3 In stock for 10.99. I'm putting it in tonite. Looks clean. NTTAWW a gatoraide bottle. I just want the engine compartment to look good along with all the grease!

So this might be a dumb questions but why do i need an overflow can? My truck did not come with one and seems to be holding its temp fine. The overflow tube goes down under the frame and just vents/drips there. Is this really bad? I just ordered my FSM's so I'm sure this will be answered in that but how much coolant is supposed to be put in when doing a change?

So this might be a dumb questions but why do i need an overflow can? My truck did not come with one and seems to be holding its temp fine. The overflow tube goes down under the frame and just vents/drips there. Is this really bad? I just ordered my FSM's so I'm sure this will be answered in that but how much coolant is supposed to be put in when doing a change?
you really dont, but its considerate,and if you run a little low for any reson the rad. will pull it out:beer:

cruiser88, thanks. Thats what I thought. I will be getting one, considering the emissions and gear oil she leaks the least I can do for mother earth is keep the coolant off the road!

i got the purdy alum ocagonal one from summit racing, but it's overflow only, not return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom