What are you guys running for 9006 headlight bulbs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
At lunch today I noticed one of my low beams was done, DRL is working, but not low. So I poke around and finds tons of SilverStars to choose from, LED's are new impressive but I have concerns about winter driving with LED bulbs and the lens caking up with ice/snow due to low heat they produce.

What are you running and why?

Philips crystal clear 9006. My wife was complaining about low visibility in her 100 series. I just installed these last week and she likes them a lot.

I tried to instal LEDs but bc of the wiring (in line I believe) only ONE will work at a time. The DRL are wired differently than the main and highs. I have no issues running HIDs. on those. Dor the DLRs I just bought the whitest color possible from Sylvania (Silverstar Ultra) , waste of $. They still look yellow. Given that you are in CO (snow/winter vibe) maybe go old school and buy some amber or yellow fogs bulbs....But dont waste $ w the regukar LEDs bc they will not work.
On a side note, I saw someone (cant recall) on the Classifieds Vendor section that has a solution (rewire perhaps) and sells LEDs but they were about $300 for the kit, I dont need them that bad.

@aljollano Thanks!

@B3A5T I have rigid Duallys in amber for fogs now. Adding a 31" LED bar (en route) that will be White/Amber switchable, cheap MicTuning bar from Amazon. Just need to replace the Low beam lights 9006 with new bulbs...there are a lot of choices so seeking some real world usage and recos's

@B3A5T I have rigid Duallys in amber for fogs now. Adding a 31" LED bar (en route) that will be White/Amber switchable, cheap MicTuning bar from Amazon. Just need to replace the Low beam lights 9006 with new bulbs...there are a lot of choices so seeking some real world usage and recos's[/QUOTE]

I misread, though you were talking DLRs. For my low beams im using a HID kit. Works great and improved night visibility. I went the same route of buying expensive halogen bulbs first, but they were never that good. The HID kits are priced competitively and will improve your night driving experience.

@B3A5T did you reto fit projectors? While I always been an HID whore for other vehicles, its seems to me that given the cost of a retro fit kit and labor involved to properly install HID's in an LC, are out weighted by adding AUX light sources to hops on bumpers/roof racks etc....then again most of teh LED bars are not really 'DOT" compliant.

@B3A5T did you reto fit projectors? While I always been an HID whore for other vehicles, its seems to me that given the cost of a retro fit kit and labor involved to properly install HID's in an LC, are out weighted by adding AUX light sources to hops on bumpers/roof racks etc....then again most of teh LED bars are not really 'DOT" compliant.
Somebody has a retro kit here. There's a good write up on his evolution to get it right.

9012 H1R

No I didnt, I was at the stereo shop and they just 'threw them in" while doing other work. Even though the reflector is oem the throw and the quality of the light (temperature) is AMAZING. They also did the fogs and I run them together. Just my 2c. I also have two LED spots up front JIC I need more light.

I landed up going with Sylvania SilverStar Ultra, so far happy with light output, much brighter. I'm not sure how old the bulbs they replaced are. Lots of mixed review on these. We'll see.

I hope your SilverStars last longer than mine did. I tried that route unsuccessfully and moved on to the Philips mentioned previously. They have been much better, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom