What are these? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

Trying to figure out what these things are, can they be moved easily, etc.? Thinking long term about where to place my compressor and/or dual battery so was wondering what these are and what purpose they serve:

Next to the Power Steering reservoir:

Lexus Question 01.png

Behind the fuse box. From the looks of this one, I don't think it would be reasible to move it much but if I could slide it a couple of inches closer to the engine I might be able to squeeze the Viair compressor that is on it's way to me in there.

Lexus Question 02.png

Thanks!

My '13 cruiser doesn't have the one by the power steering reservoir. Vehicles that do relocate it when installing a Slee 2nd battery tray kit. It is referred to as a DRL resistor in the instructions.

The ones behind the fuse/relay box get relocated with the Slee compressor bracket... They are referred to as Air Pump Relays in the instructions.

I highly recommend these Slee products, as well as their primary battery tray. Absolute top notch construction.

Last edited:
Yes, the upper pic is the resistor for the DRL. This was somehow eliminated with the minor facelift in '13. If you order the Slee tray, there is a provision to get it out of the way.

On the left is headlight bulb cooler (I don’t know the technical name). You can unbolt and move (as Slee does with their dual battery tray).

On the left is headlight bulb cooler (I don’t know the technical name). You can unbolt and move (as Slee does with their dual battery tray).

After further research, I believe it's what known as the "DRL Resistor". There are threads I've found on here this morning that talk about turning off the Daytime Running Lights (took me a while to figure out what DRL meant) and possibly removing it altogether. I'll dive into that if I ever get to that point. I was really more curious than anything. It helps me ponder solutions while mowing the grass.

Thanks for the input @nwfl4runner !

Pretty sure that's what I told you yesterday... o_O
I can’t remember what I had for breakfast let alone what someone said yesterday. 😉

"heat sink"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom