What are these wires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
These wires come out of the under dash harness. They are part of the wrapped bundle, so I'm thinking they are stock wires.

There are three connectors (4 wires) in question.

The bottom wire has a standard connector.

The second round connector actually has two wires as part of the connector assembly.

The forth wire is up near the top level with the fuse block and has a standard connector. You can't see the wireon this one but its red with a dark line.

Kind of like a game, Huh.

Ken

Can't really see from the photo you posted but I just finished re-installing my 79FJ40 wiring harnesses - front, rear and under dash so some guesses for you..
One single wire connector is connected to the wire that goes up to through the windshield channel connecting the light on the inside hardtop adjacent to the head rest. Other connectors in the area are for the emissions 'box' that mounts on the firewall (not sure of your year), others are for brake light switch, and three connectors on my 79 going up the steering column. There is one "standard" loop-style connector that is mounted under the fuse block and held in place by one of the two retaining bolts. I'm assuming this is a grounding connector as it resembles one on the rear wiring harness. Good luck.
Tom

Do you have a chilton's or Haine's manual? You can use the wire diagram to check. I can't tell you cause I rewired with painless and threw out the old harness when I got tire of looking at it. Sorry man. Look around for terminals down in that area, if you find an empty one, figure out what it is. Then look in the manual and see what color goes to it... if it says one of the colors of the empy wires... you're in there. Good luck. Wiring is a bitch, that's why I rewired, and recommend rewiring to everyone.

I just looked in the manual and I think one of them goes to the flux capacitor!

Nooooo, thats for the brake accelerator. sorry could'nt resist

No, I looked them up in the Haynes manual. They go to the optional DVD entertainment center. :doh:

Since everything seems to be working, they must not be important!

You could try applying power to them and see what breaks!

Isn't that like getting married so you can have frequent sex, the results are not what you expect before you start.

I would hate to blow something that would be a major bummer. I'll just try and trace them down.

Probably the car bomb the PO left in there before he was arrested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom