What are the third row seats worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Between nothing and something. Obviously you don't need them so to you they are worth nothing. For someone with a growing family (and not planning on a minivan etc) then worth something. To folk installing drawers/storage, nothing.

So, they'll be worth whatever someone that wants/needs them is willing to pay. I assume you will offer the seat belts for them too. Shipping would likely cost more than the seats are worth.

Mine are like new, sitting in the garage. Were used to haul other kids around when our 2 were in school and there was a sporting event etc. Since they moved to college, the seats are currently useless (but maybe worth something)...

Helpful? :)

cheers,
george.

I've seen a lot on the forum given away... If they are in like new condition you can probably get a hundred or more to the right person.

Alone they aren't worth much, especially if they need to be shipped.

As part of a full set of excellent condition seats. Maybe 1/5th the total value for all of them which seems to be around $2K for cloth, non-power in top shelf shape, max. The value goes down from there.

My two cents? If you have a place to store them, just keep them unless you see someone looking for them on the classified section or you meet another 80 owner that wants them.

Mine are stored below the stairwell in my clean and dry finished basement. The PO never used them, I have never even installed them but I figure if I ever sell the truck, they will be nice to have or I may need to skin one of them for matching upholstery if something ever happens to the rest of my pristine set.

I bought my 1993 new and the seats came out within weeks of it landing in the driveway. I did put them back in a couple times when it became a bus for out-of-town relatives. The last time was around 1995, I think.

I've had several sets and had no takers at the free $$$ point. And almost every pair i've seen are near perfect as nobody uses them

I picked up a like new pair for $95 over the summer (craigslist, 10 miles from my front door). Finding a local buyer is key, shipping isn't really an option.

Seats.PNG

These are for sale locally right now, and will not sell at that price.

Seats 2.PNG

Last edited:
Not much today. Likely quite a bit in 20 years. If they are in the way, sell them cheap. If not...hold them for a Parts Wanted Ad or for a restoration need in 2038.

Fab up a couch.

I’ve got a near perfect pair sitting in the basement. Would be happy to give them way.

I may need to skin one of them for matching upholstery if something ever happens to the rest of my pristine set.

I skun my hzj105 3rd row seats for exactly this.

Easier to store a roll of upholstery than a seat that will never be used, and is worth less than zero.
The fabric on the other hand, if needed for a repair is going to be hard to come by.

Missouri man i have started looking for a passenger side 3rd row seat. I have 2 young boys and when I took my 3rd rows out of the basement to reinstall them for them to sit in the back, one of my storage bags had leaked. It got water and the rust/mold combo was unreal. I’m in the Springfield area. Pm if you want to chat about it

I, also used mine to re-cover my original front seats. The shop that’s doing the work said they would of had a heck of a time trying to match fabrics! So, they saved me a LOT of $$$!

Missouri man i have started looking for a passenger side 3rd row seat. I have 2 young boys and when I took my 3rd rows out of the basement to reinstall them for them to sit in the back, one of my storage bags had leaked. It got water and the rust/mold combo was unreal. I’m in the Springfield area. Pm if you want to chat about it

I am in South Dakota, Just had the name missouriman since the internet started... lol

Looking at the mounts I am now thinking about striping them down and see if I can make removable tire mount or something.
Looking at how to carry a 36 super swamper SX on a stock rim.

I am in South Dakota, Just had the name missouriman since the internet started... lol

Looking at the mounts I am now thinking about striping them down and see if I can make removable tire mount or something.
Looking at how to carry a 36 super swamper SX on a stock rim.
No worries. I’m sure you will come up with something usable back there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom