What are the odds of all 4 locks acting up? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just tried locking my 100, no lights flashed, found out the drivers door didnt' lock. looking around the other doors, found out the front passenger door is having a hard time locking and unlocking, along with the other two rear doors. Sometimes they lock, sometimes they don't.

I access all doors throughout the week and i never noticed any issues with them until today. They all clicked without issues.

What are the odds that all actuators are going bad? voltage is ok, nothing on the truck is abnormal.

The only thing i did was program it to auto lock and unlock when shifted into/out of park.

Thanks in advance.

Good question, I wish I questioned mine more.

My driver's side quit the same time after parking with that side facing into the sun for several hours. The passenger side flaked out shortly after. About a week after replacing, my battery kicked the bucket...

The heat from the sun might explain it. i've been parking it outdoors for the last month for some renovations around the house.

It seems like the more i lock/unlock, the slower /worse they become, assuming that they're getting too hot to work, this makes perfect sense.

i'll keep this updated.

I would say better than even. I too see heat being the major cause. Hot day in the sun Im lucky if one will lock or unlock. I have the actuators just haven't gotten to this project since I bought them 4 years ago.

Check for corrosion at your battery terminals. Sounds silly, but that was the cause of my nearly identical symptoms. Once cleaned up I haven't had a problem since.

It's heat related, replace the actuators.

I have now (finally) replaced the passenger front and hatch door lock motors. The other locks besides the drivers door still won’t unlock. I did manage to unlock them after hitting the switch over 20 times in succession. Do I really have to change the two rears to see any benefit or is there a grounding/relay/wiring issue keeping me from getting full current to the locks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom