What are the best CV clamps? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What are the best clamps these days. I have read the FAQ thread by Zane . Have taken the photos from that article to local Napa and CarQuest they don't have anything that looks like those. Part numbers and tool required would be helpfull.

Otherwise what is the best tool for the clamps that come with the factory boot kit.
Thanks
Skidoo

Anyone with info?

My front left if leaking really bad. Like, within 20 miles post lift I have grease leaking. A little spray in the wheel well.

Any input would be great.

Thanks.

Edit: just read FAQ.

Has anyone tried the hoseclamps? Seems like a painless quick fix... And adjustable.

Anyone? Anyone? :)

Last edited:
The original crimp style boot clamp/strap Zane posted pics of in this thread are found at Napa. Just ask for the small cv boot clamp for the Cruiser. They should know exactly what it is, and what tool you need.

As for the fold over clamps that Cruiser100 posted up on the second page of that thread, should be common to find... the tool is. But Napa does not carry this style.

I used the crimp style and it works fine. The upside to this is that I don't think you can overcrimp and ruin your boot. Downside is it seems a little :meh:. Next time I might use the fold over OEM style as they are easy as well (just don't overtighten).

As for the question of hoseclamps... IMO the clamps are just as easy. The only beni to the hoseclamp is you can take it back off... but why would you do that :confused::confused::confused:

Thanks. I'm gunna give the hose clamps a run. Since I found the solid ones at home depot for 1.19 and they are the perfect width. Only reason I'm going with these is for adjustability. Maybe they will hold. Maybe not. I'll keep you posted.

Went to my garage this morning and pulled the box of extra factory style fold over clamps that i ended up using on a few of my boots. I have used both the crimping kind and the fold over strap kind. I like the fold over strap kind best. I purchased mine from CarQuest the part number is 91-2502

Zane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom