What are others doing for 41110-60370 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Trying to find a source for 41110-60370? Trying to find new vs getting a used one, but it seems that's not likely.

Correct part number is 41110-60371.

And it’s available new from Toyota.

E168C7C8-4660-452F-AB74-DD33346FED6C.jpeg

Last edited:
If you were to purchase one (or two) of these, what other hardware would you need? Because it basically comes assembled, it appears to be a feasible DIY project. I’d also like to hear opinions on cost/quality to OEM vs. ARB lockers.

So, the OEM locking diffs are about 2x the cost of the ARB locker. However the ARB needs a compressor, etc and probably needs professional installation. The OEM seems “easier” to install DIY. Is this inaccurate?

Do a search and read one of the thousands of threads on retrofitting OEM lockers to a un-locked 80.

If I were trying to swap in locked axles, I'd be looking for a rolled, locked 80 to park next to my existing rig, or one with a blown motor. Swap the parts over, then sell the rolled one. If you have the space.

Harrop/Eaton E-Locker. No compressor and lines to fool about with.
I love this argument because it makes it sound like airlines are so problematic.

Ya know wires are just airlines for electricity right?! haha

Each system has advantages and disadvantages. I personally like the instant action of the ARB's over the Harrops or factory lockers. Air lockers have fewer components that can fail, there's a compressor, solenoid, & airline. Electronic lockers have relays, wires, motors, limit switches, electrical connections that are subject to harsher elements (under the vehicle and on the axle).

Last edited:
I love this argument because it makes it sound like airlines are so problematic.

Ya know wires are just airlines for electricity right?! haha

Each system has advantages and disadvantages. I personally like the instant action of the ARB's over the Harrops or factory lockers. Air lockers have fewer components that can fail, there's a compressor, solenoid, & airline. Electronic lockers have relays, wires, motors, limit switches, electrical connections that are subject to harsher elements (under the vehicle and on the axle).
The E-lockers are cheaper and easier to install too.
For simplicity and reliability the E-locker wins.
The e-lockers are engaged by a electromagnet in the carrier. That's a simple on-off deal driven by a relay.
Air lockers are way more complicated. There's a seal that can and does fail in the head. Two solenoids to drive two lockers. Two relays. Three switches. A compressor. Whatever way you cut it there are more failure points in the system.

The E-lockers are cheaper and easier to install too.
For simplicity and reliability the E-locker wins.
The e-lockers are engaged by a electromagnet in the carrier. That's a simple on-off deal driven by a relay.
Air lockers are way more complicated. There's a seal that can and does fail in the head. Two solenoids to drive two lockers. Two relays. Three switches. A compressor. Whatever way you cut it there are more failure points in the system.
I disagree, I could point out as many if not more failure points for e-lockers.
The e-lockers are engaged by an electromagnet in the carrier. That's a simple on-off deal driven by a relay.
No different than a solenoid and air?

But you choose to fight for what you like so I get your stance.

I will say that I've had to stop on trails more to deal with faulty e-lockers than I have for air lockers over the last 8 years of wheeling

Last edited:
Two solenoids to drive two lockers. Two relays. Three switches.

relays arent needed to drive solenoids, and no you only need two switches if you do it right. AND e-lockers have all of this (relays instead of solenoids) too

Just curious if these faulty e-lockers were observed on factory locked rigs or aftermarket e-lockers?
Factory. Most Harrop setups I've wheeled with are pretty fresh so they have been fine. But I've only had to stop for 1 air locker issue and it was mine. Ended up being due to how I installed it.

Simple solution:

Kaiser Locker website:

Last edited:
^^^^^^ That's cheating ^^^^^^^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom