What are others doing for 41110-60370 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One nice thing about OEM lockers is that if theirs an issue you can pop off the actuator in less then 10 minutes and use a screwdriver to engage or disengage the locker..

Try that with ARB lockers ;)

Also the OEM locker are all 25 or more years old. I like to see how the ARB are doing when the reach that age 🤷‍♂️

And drive straight forever... :hillbilly:
One nice thing about OEM lockers is that if theirs an issue you can pop off the actuator in less then 10 minutes and use a screwdriver to engage or disengage the locker..

Try that with ARB lockers ;)

Also the OEM locker are all 25 or more years old. I like to see how the ARB are doing when the reach that age 🤷‍♂️
The ARB air lockers in our '72 FJ40 are the first generation ARBs imported to the US. We don't have documentation when they were installed, probably late '80s. We have the truck since 2004 or so. The truck has seen a lot of trail use, and Claudia is not shy to use the lockers. No issues with the lockers; the compressor is getting tired, though.

The rear ARB in the '93 had a failure at the junction of the copper line to the seal. No idea when that was installed, probably 3 PO's ago. We have the vehicle since 2012.
Oldest ARB in my K5 is ~12 years old, in the front D60. No issues with the locker. But that truck for a while had the habit of throwing the 30A fuse in the ARB harness exactly once per year...

And drive straight forever... :hillbilly:

The ARB air lockers in our '72 FJ40 are the first generation ARBs imported to the US. We don't have documentation when they were installed, probably late '80s. We have the truck since 2004 or so. The truck has seen a lot of trail use, and Claudia is not shy to use the lockers. No issues with the lockers; the compressor is getting tired, though.

The rear ARB in the '93 had a failure at the junction of the copper line to the seal. No idea when that was installed, probably 3 PO's ago. We have the vehicle since 2012.
Oldest ARB in my K5 is ~12 years old, in the front D60. No issues with the locker. But that truck for a while had the habit of throwing the 30A fuse in the ARB harness exactly once per year...
Yes but you still cannot Manually engage it ;)
Quick Google search finds they were first imported in 1990 earlier then I suspected, but i don't think the became popular tell long after that.

Don't get me wrong I like the ARBs and lots of Guys in our wheeling group run the them and I have seen my share of issues with with them.

Ha ha the main reason I run OEM in my 80 is I got my clean locked 80 for about the same price as two ARB installed 🤷‍♂️

When I got it.
1642784290750.png

Now
1642784414858.png

She a trailer Queen wheeler so the lockers get used a lot :cheers:

Last edited:
relays aren't needed to drive solenoids, and no you only need two switches if you do it right. ...
How are you going to lock front-only in a 2-switch setup?

I'd agree that the air locker setup is more complex, as the switch-a-roo to control compressor & air solenoids could probably be used to activate the e-lockers through relays.

It just occurred to me that I've never actually turned the locker dial in our LX, only turned on the center diff. But I rarely drive that truck.

How are you going to lock front-only in a 2-switch setup?

I'd agree that the air locker setup is more complex, as the switch-a-roo to control compressor & air solenoids could probably be used to activate the e-lockers through relays.

It just occurred to me that I've never actually turned the locker dial in our LX, only turned on the center diff. But I rarely drive that truck.
You could have a switch for the compressor or you could have the compressor triggered by each diff lock switch in conjunction with the appropriate solenoid. It just takes a couple of solid-state diodes or two relays. It's really not that difficult or wild.

As I said earlier each has its benefits and drawbacks, I've seen more issues with E-lockers than air, but others have seen the opposite. So is there a right or wrong? I would say probably not, both work just fine as long as they are installed and maintained correctly.

I would like to figure out a way to get just the front locker to activate with the OEM lockers.
Very useful in a lot of situations.

I would like to figure out a way to get just the front locker to activate with the OEM lockers.
Very useful in a lot of situations.
There's a write-up around here somewhere about how to do that. It was easy for me since I have custom switches and wiring. And yes it is very helpful in certain situations.

Can convert OEM e-lockers to cable and lever activated. Doesn’t get easier than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom