What are others doing for 41110-60370

musthave

😂
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Trying to find a source for 41110-60370? Trying to find new vs getting a used one, but it seems that's not likely.

OGBeno

Arakawa-san
GOLD Star
Correct part number is 41110-60371.

And it’s available new from Toyota.

E168C7C8-4660-452F-AB74-DD33346FED6C.jpeg

Last edited:
If you were to purchase one (or two) of these, what other hardware would you need? Because it basically comes assembled, it appears to be a feasible DIY project. I’d also like to hear opinions on cost/quality to OEM vs. ARB lockers.

OGBeno

Arakawa-san
GOLD Star

cruisermatt

Un-manufacturable
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Website
www.facebook.com
So, the OEM locking diffs are about 2x the cost of the ARB locker. However the ARB needs a compressor, etc and probably needs professional installation. The OEM seems “easier” to install DIY. Is this inaccurate?

Do a search and read one of the thousands of threads on retrofitting OEM lockers to a un-locked 80.

If I were trying to swap in locked axles, I'd be looking for a rolled, locked 80 to park next to my existing rig, or one with a blown motor. Swap the parts over, then sell the rolled one. If you have the space.

SmokingRocks

Don't tell my wife how much this actually cost...
SILVER Star
Harrop/Eaton E-Locker. No compressor and lines to fool about with.
I love this argument because it makes it sound like airlines are so problematic.

Ya know wires are just airlines for electricity right?! haha

Each system has advantages and disadvantages. I personally like the instant action of the ARB's over the Harrops or factory lockers. Air lockers have fewer components that can fail, there's a compressor, solenoid, & airline. Electronic lockers have relays, wires, motors, limit switches, electrical connections that are subject to harsher elements (under the vehicle and on the axle).

Last edited:
I love this argument because it makes it sound like airlines are so problematic.

Ya know wires are just airlines for electricity right?! haha

Each system has advantages and disadvantages. I personally like the instant action of the ARB's over the Harrops or factory lockers. Air lockers have fewer components that can fail, there's a compressor, solenoid, & airline. Electronic lockers have relays, wires, motors, limit switches, electrical connections that are subject to harsher elements (under the vehicle and on the axle).
The E-lockers are cheaper and easier to install too.
For simplicity and reliability the E-locker wins.
The e-lockers are engaged by a electromagnet in the carrier. That's a simple on-off deal driven by a relay.
Air lockers are way more complicated. There's a seal that can and does fail in the head. Two solenoids to drive two lockers. Two relays. Three switches. A compressor. Whatever way you cut it there are more failure points in the system.

SmokingRocks

SILVER Star
The E-lockers are cheaper and easier to install too.
For simplicity and reliability the E-locker wins.
The e-lockers are engaged by a electromagnet in the carrier. That's a simple on-off deal driven by a relay.
Air lockers are way more complicated. There's a seal that can and does fail in the head. Two solenoids to drive two lockers. Two relays. Three switches. A compressor. Whatever way you cut it there are more failure points in the system.
I disagree, I could point out as many if not more failure points for e-lockers.
The e-lockers are engaged by an electromagnet in the carrier. That's a simple on-off deal driven by a relay.
No different than a solenoid and air?

But you choose to fight for what you like so I get your stance.

I will say that I've had to stop on trails more to deal with faulty e-lockers than I have for air lockers over the last 8 years of wheeling

Last edited:

SmokingRocks

SILVER Star
Two solenoids to drive two lockers. Two relays. Three switches.

relays arent needed to drive solenoids, and no you only need two switches if you do it right. AND e-lockers have all of this (relays instead of solenoids) too

SmokingRocks

SILVER Star
Just curious if these faulty e-lockers were observed on factory locked rigs or aftermarket e-lockers?
Factory. Most Harrop setups I've wheeled with are pretty fresh so they have been fine. But I've only had to stop for 1 air locker issue and it was mine. Ended up being due to how I installed it.

Simple solution:

Kaiser Locker website:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom