What an amazing vehicle! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This past weekend I realized a contractor screwed up an order of porcelin floor tile I ordered to put down in my kitchen/living room. All the tiles were exact, except that half were about 1/4 inch bigger than the others. The only way to resolve the issue was to go to the distributor's warehouse about 70 miles away, measure each box and pick up the tile I needed to finish the job.

Long story short, I packed the Cruiser with 2,400 lbs of tile (60 boxes - each box is 40 lbs). Plus I had two guys with me, so between the 3 of us and the tile there was at least 3000 lbs. in the vehicle. I was scared to death to do this, because half this weight in my old Ford pickup would have made the truck completely undriveable.

I was shocked to find how safe the vehicle felt and how easy it was to drive. Accelerating, stopping - everything felt completely normal. What a truly amazing vehicle! I am so glad I bought a Land Cruiser. Just wanted to share.

I always thought of mine as being like a brick, I guess it's more like tile ::)

I've done some things like that before. All of a sudden somehow 2500lbs of clay ended up in the back of the Cruiser. Each 50lb box is pretty small. I wasn't even up to the windows yet. I now always limit my wife per trip. 1500lbs max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom