What aftermarket break pads did you buy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fixin to replace my break pads.. Was wondering what everyone here uses.. Thnx in advance for any and all advice, tips, and reccomendations..

OEM all the way. I have tried several other higher end brands without success.

I run mine with Slee rotors.

...via IH8MUD app

On the front - OEM. Or I'd consider Hawk LTS.

Rear - I went Duralast Gold. I figure that rear pads aren't as critical as fronts, so went with ones with lifetime warranty. When they wear out, I get new ones for free.

Rotors - Either Brembo or OEM up front and Autozone Duralast rear.

I was told brake pads need too be replaced about every 15,000 mi. Is this true? Seems a bit much too me!

OEM pads with DBA slotted rotors on all four corners.

Ceramic pads from carquest

Sounds like OEM it is then.. Does EBAY carry them? Fixing to start lookin.. Thnx guys :)

I have porterfield R4S pads front and rear. I really like them and have them on most of the cars we have.

As much as I like aftermarket pads for my sports cars, definitely OEM for the hundy. I don't want a pad that needs heat before biting. Nor do I care for the endless brake dust and squealing.

Akebono are a good alternative. Terrific pedal response even when cold, long life, no noise, and very low dust. Highly recommended.
I believe Akebono were the OEM supplier for the LC, but with a 1990's spec compound. Been running them on the LC and the MB ML430 for years and love 'em.

+1 on Akebono. Currently on both our 100-series.

X2 on OEM from CDan or Beno.

15k on a pair of brake pads sounds like very fast wear.

I just recently did rotors and pads on all 4 corners and I went with DBA slotted rotors and Hawk LTS pads. The Hawk's work OK when cold but work really well with a bit of heat in them. I think when it comes time to do pads again I'll probably just go back to OEM or possibly try the Akebono's but I don't think I'll go with the Hawk's again.

Cheers!

Some japanese made ceramic pads my buddy got through his work (german auto repair shop). They work awesome, no noises and awesome stopping power. While the OEM are a safe bet, non-OEM doesn't automatically mean you will have issues.

Some japanese made ceramic pads my buddy got through his work (german auto repair shop). They work awesome, no noises and awesome stopping power. While the OEM are a safe bet, non-OEM doesn't automatically mean you will have issues.

I went with Hawk HPS and love them. Upgrade from OEM when cold and they grab like a racing pad when hot. Love them.no uneven deposits either.

...via IH8MUD app

Online. Google search "hawk hps land cruiser" and you'll find what you need. I have towed a 5500 lb boat several times with confidence. The hawk pads were a huge upgrade for towing over the oem pads I replaced. They gave out quickly when hot.

...via IH8MUD app

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom