Wet Okole seat covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at the options, would the 92 Non-leather front seats be considered Bucket w/ HR, Sport Bucket w/ HR & TE, or Sport Bucket w/ HR & B/I TE??

I have them, and I would look for something else.

FWIW

I think it is bucket with headrest, but I don't remember and can't find my reciept from 4 years ago.

I have a '93 with the grey interior with black and grey seat covers, they have been great.

I have them and think they are just ok. Just don't EVER take them off. Big PITA to put the lower portions back on.

I also don't really love the fit of the covers. They fit pretty nice, but they move around more than I would like on the factory seats. Maybe that is more a problem with the leather underneath than the covers, so over cloth, they might be great in that respect. On the leather, even when pulled so tight I'm worried the straps might break, they still slide around a little and make an annoying squeaky noise on the leather when the move.

Comfort-wise, they are pretty nice. A little warm in the summer, but not in a leather burning your legs kinda way. Just make you a little sweaty after a long drive.

Looks are pretty good. They look like they fit great and definitely look better than cracked leather. I can post pics if anybody wants.

I love them, very useful and you can wash them w/o removing. I have cloth originally so that maybe why I dont have any slippage problems. They fit perfect. I do know WetOkole makes a leather specific version (maybe to address this issue?).

upside: i can change after cycling (sweaty, dirty) and not worry, dog is non-issue, road trip food & spills, etc. They look great- better than the original cloth, imo.
If I had leather, I dont think it would improve the looks unless your leather is beat.

downside: they are thick and well padded, but that also takes a bit away from the original seat's side bolsters. maybe not an issue for an suv...

They smell like neoprene (goes away with a couple washes or car freshner)

more pics
http://homepage.mac.com/paintlab/PhotoAlbum94.html

Image-9E95305ACC7C11D9.jpg

I've had these in the desert southwest and they broke down from UV damage in under 2 years. The company was pretty cool and replaced the set but the bottom line was the material was just incongruous with lots and lots of direct sunlight. My other gripes was that they tended to stick to your sweaty skin, hold smells like saltwater forever, used mediocre fast-tek buckles for securing the webbing underneath the seat and they continually loosened, and light colors like the lighter tan collected fine dirt and dust from keeping windows open like a porous sponge and required very frequent and laborous cleaning to stay clean looking. As for darker colors, well they absorb more heat and are hotter when first entering and sitting down on a sunny day. I also never found them to be "waterproof". Water resistant, yes.

Hopefully that's enough ranting on why I didn't like them. Get some good cordua ones like others on the list have done. They seem like the best option under the conditions in the southwest at least

wow Mike, I haven't had the same experience but it's good to know the filpside of it too.

I've had mine since 2003 and no fading or discoloration and I don't really do anything to take care of them.

They keep the interior pretty worry free. I guess I look at them as the sacrificial layer so I really don't care what happens to them too much... but they look new and suspect they will for at least a few years more.

I don't want to oversell them, but I've been happy with them.
They are the basic "custom fit" ones. Whole set (front/back) was like...$400 or something? You can check the website. The fact they don't look like wrinkled covers & simple install was a selling point for me as well.

If I had nice leather seats; personally, I would leave them since I love leather... seems wrong to cover nice leather seats :)

Last edited:
They loosen up a little over time and start to slide, mine get dirty easily (and I don't like to clean them), and they really don't match all that well. I think they hold the heat too well. I definitely like them more in the winter.

I have my order saved on my hard drive at work. I will let you know tomorrow.

Bucket w/ headrest. Type A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom