wet okole seat covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys, anybody buy or install the neoprene seat covers from wet okole.
how do the fit, look and last or are they worth the mula.

i had them in my tacoma when i lived in hawaii. the dealer should install them for you, unless you buy online.
they fit very nice and protected the seats very well. they made me sweat like crazy though with out the a/c, and i rarely used the a/c so i put those cool beaded seat covers over them and thus no more sweating...
if your going to be getting in wet/muddy/whatever than id say go for it. if your just looking for a seat cover you could probably get away with something cheaper.
cheers,
herb

I am planning to get some soon. I saw a couple of pairs in other cars and like them.

Wet Okoles Yes

I have them in the front seats of my 60. I really like them. (1) They add an extra degree of softness because of their foam-like texture (2) they are durable (3) they offer a lot of color options (4) they are easy to install yourself (5) they mould to the seat and give the look of upholstry, unlike most seat covers which are saggy/baggies. I will put them on my next cruiser if I ever find a deal.

The only downsides are price and the initial odor, which is a strong neoprene smell or something. It eventually abates.

I have them on the BJ70, and love them, they take a lot of abuse, and fit well.
j

I got them a few months ago online and they fit and look great. They should hold up well since the material is designed for salt water. I sent the company a reply complementing the fit and quality and they sent me three bottles of cleaner, deoderizer and protectorant. Some times it pays to suck up! The color matched well with my grey interior. I only covered the front seats, but I may get the back seat cover as well. I have a "88 FJ62.

I run them and love them.

My only concern is how tightly you can snug the adjusters to keep them from sliding off of the seat as people climb in and out.

Other than that, they have faded from the black to a brown on the nylon wraps.

But I do love them for the waterresistance feature!

wet okole seatcovers

just install the seatcovers and they look and feel awesome. a little pricey but i like my original seats and i just replace the seatcushions. the back pockets are cool and the real plus is the built in adjustable lumbar support:beer:
IMG_0478.jpg
IMG_0479.jpg

What part number are these?

Those are awesome! I have sheepskin ones on right now. When they were new they were great. The passenger side one is still basically new and nearly perfect, but the drivers side a year and a few months later is wearing and stretching out, not fitting so well anymore. But those look great, and much more authentic. They don't really look like a seat cover. One more thing on the never ending list! :beer:

One more thing. Did you have to cut holes for the headrests, or are they pre-cut/sewn?

go to there website and it will guide you thru ordering for your specific application.
the holes for headreast are already built in.

i have them in my 40 and would possibly do it again for another topless rig, but wouldnt' bother for a fixed top vehicle. too expensive, fade, show dirt easily, tear easily. they protect the seat from moisture well, which isn't a problem in a fixed top rig.

i run spector's tuff duck covers in my 60 and we installed them in the raffle rig. they are awesome and i'd do those again in a heartbeat.

i had the spector seat covers and still have them in my back seat. your right the are more durable but the fronts do not fit that good. hopefully the u/v protector will help with fading and dirt

i had the spector seat covers and still have them in my back seat. your right the are more durable but the fronts do not fit that good. hopefully the u/v protector will help with fading and dirt

the fronts on my 60 fit great. the ones for the raffle rig are TIGHT.

just installed mine this week, and I love em.

Got a classic landcruiser logo in royal blue right in the middle.
I didn't spring for the lumbar support, but just the padding alone
gives a completely different ride.

Looks really sweet and I can't imagine a better made cover.

Pricey, but in this case you definately get what you pay for.

GO FOR IT:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom