wet carpet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
wet carpet removal

okay, I took the 60 swimming a couple of days ago on a job site, water up to the window cranks. The carpet is obviously wet now, how much time does it take to remove the carpet? I think it would be best to just remove all of it, it was in bad shape before we went swimming.

Last edited:
beaufort-fj60 said:
okay, I took the 60 swimming a couple of days ago on a job site, water up to the window cranks. The carpet is obviously wet now, how much time does it take to remove the carpet? I think it would be best to just remove all of it, it was in bad shape before we went swimming.

It takes a few hours for me to get all of mine out. This includes removing the seats, center console, side moulding strips, and the metal strips that hold down the cargo carpet. Definately pull it out and hang it up somewhere to dry. It'll mold if you don't (mine did where my A pillar leaks), or worse yet, the sheet metal underneath will rust.

thanks spook,

I started to peek around the edges or carpet seams. for those that just pulled the carpet out for good. how did you "cover" the factory wires that run near the console area and fill that gap from side molding and floor (at doors). I guess the floors will get a few coats of bed liner.

if you are not going to keep the carpet, then it won't take long, but you will still have to take the front seats out, or at least unbolt them, to take it out. i am still trying to figure out what to do with the exposed wiring, but i haven't even figured out what i am going to do about which way i want to go about replacing the carpet....

the po wore a hole through the drivers side floor, heavy grinding foot I guess. the rear seat area is not that bad, the way bake carpet is toasted. maybe I'll toss the front and go an a search for a replacement front.

Spook50 said:
It takes a few hours for me to get all of mine out. This includes removing the seats, center console, side moulding strips, and the metal strips that hold down the cargo carpet. Definately pull it out and hang it up somewhere to dry. It'll mold if you don't (mine did where my A pillar leaks), or worse yet, the sheet metal underneath will rust.

spook, i got a quarter sized hole on the sheetmetal underneath the passenger side. it sounds like u had this as well. short of welding, did u have any success with any products to stop the rust? mine' s in a tuff spot to weld: rite on the turn up to the firwall. just found it this weekend after the rain last week in the northeast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom