Westcott Designs Preload Collar Lift (spacer lift) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone done this on an LX yet? I was reading about OEM spacers when doing a sensor lift, but maybe this makes more sense? It's all a little greek to me.

Bumping this thread to see if there are any more reviews of the kit or if those who have done the install are still happy with the decision? I have a '18 that I'll be putting some 275/70/18s on and want to keep the factory ride but give it a little more ride height in the front and rear. Any additional feedback would be much appreciated!!

This kit is for LX. Unless budget is extremely limited, i would skip for LC.

Bumping this thread to see if there are any more reviews of the kit or if those who have done the install are still happy with the decision? I have a '18 that I'll be putting some 275/70/18s on and want to keep the factory ride but give it a little more ride height in the front and rear. Any additional feedback would be much appreciated!!
Still happy. I have a small portion of this lift installed. I only had the lower pre-load collar installed, not the upper spacer. I'm contemplating installing the upper spacer to get my front end a little closer to level. My LC is still on the original tires and I've noticed no change in the ride quality. I would expect moving up to a 275/70 might have more impact on ride quality than this lift. I'd recommend it for a simple aesthetic lift.

Still happy. I have a small portion of this lift installed. I only had the lower pre-load collar installed, not the upper spacer. I'm contemplating installing the upper spacer to get my front end a little closer to level. My LC is still on the original tires and I've noticed no change in the ride quality. I would expect moving up to a 275/70 might have more impact on ride quality than this lift. I'd recommend it for a simple aesthetic lift.

Great feedback, thank you! That's exactly what I'm looking at it for, just aesthetics because I'd like to keep the factory ride quality for as long as possible. I will be jumping to a larger tire but I'm going to keep it at or below a C load rating. I assume that your LC aligned fine after the install and no strange tire wear?

Oh sweet! Can you tell me a bit about your setup, why you went with this and what you've noticed since installing?

Have it all on the build in thread in my signature (doesn’t show up on mobile though).

As far as the results? Absolutely 1000% the best thing you can do to your AHC outside of leaving it completely stock. I would say its better than stock in most ways other than some really niche issues that come with modifying AHC in the first place. Not particularly due to the kit, but just limitations in the system that are built in.

Only real con is install is involved, and not the easiest thing to DIY.

Have it all on the build in thread in my signature (doesn’t show up on mobile though).

As far as the results? Absolutely 1000% the best thing you can do to your AHC outside of leaving it completely stock. I would say its better than stock in most ways other than some really niche issues that come with modifying AHC in the first place. Not particularly due to the kit, but just limitations in the system that are built in.

Only real con is install is involved, and not the easiest thing to DIY.
Oh amazing. I'll hop on the computer later to look at the link.

Thanks!

turn your phone sideways. sigs show in landscape mode.

Has anyone done this on an LX yet? I was reading about OEM spacers when doing a sensor lift, but maybe this makes more sense? It's all a little greek to me.
I have it installed just on the front of my LX. Not really a noticeable difference in my opinion, but it should be preloading the coil to help with additional weight up front and allowing a little more droop. I’m also on Tundra front suspension arms, with factory AHC shocks still, and no front swaybar, so my experience may not be the same as others.

Great feedback, thank you! That's exactly what I'm looking at it for, just aesthetics because I'd like to keep the factory ride quality for as long as possible. I will be jumping to a larger tire but I'm going to keep it at or below a C load rating. I assume that your LC aligned fine after the install and no strange tire wear?
No issues with alignment at all. I did have some side to side leaning going on after the installation. I was anticiapting having to adjust the KDSS, but after about 2-3 days of typical driving it leveled itself out.

Just to clarify, you are only installing front, and nothing on rear?

Just to clarify, you are only installing front, and nothing on rear?
You are correct, nothing has been installed at the rear.
At the front, I have only installed the lower, pre-load collar that the spring sits on. I have not installed the upper spacer that comes with the Wescott system comes with. I'm still thinking about installing the spacer. The Wescott spacer is a little thicker than the OEM spacer that Toyota sells.

You are correct, nothing has been installed at the rear.
At the front, I have only installed the lower, pre-load collar that the spring sits on. I have not installed the upper spacer that comes with the Wescott system comes with. I'm still thinking about installing the spacer. The Wescott spacer is a little thicker than the OEM spacer that Toyota sells.
I was thinking of adding the OEM spacer only to my front.

Then I came across your post and was intrigued as how the upper spacer (wescott) + lower preload collar VS preload collar only VS oem spacer measures

I've had this kit for about a month and roughly 1000 miles.
Even with 295/70/18s the ride is extremely close to stock. There is a difference, but it's almost imperceptible.
It's just the right amount of lift and it's a good option if you want to use your stock suspension until its time to upgrade to a full coil over. I saw no need to not get my money's worth with the stock suspension, it rides well.
You do have to remove the front mud-flaps and do some trimming though.
I'm running 295/70/18 Nitto Ridge Recons.

View attachment 2921222

View attachment 2921223
Looks amazing! @Omega3651 did you do the full 3" lift in front? What about the rear given the extra inch rear height on the HE?

View attachment 2942238View attachment 2942240
275/70 r18 w Westcott 3" in front and 1.5" rear. Driveway is sloped down towards rear of truck. I've read some things on here about the HE having an extra coil or half coil on rears, but I can't confirm that. I do know that my rake was aggressive and with no 3rd row or other weight in the back (as pictured) I am now very close to level. I will happily run these tires, but for highway driving and overall aesthetic the 285/70 would be ideal imo.
i know people say 2” is max for stock UCA

no issues with 3” front on stock uca?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom