West Michigan Mechanic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mud, I am looking for a mechanic in west Michigan (Grand Rapids)to help me with my 95, fzj80. It has a CEL on and AC Clutch bearing needs replacing. The ac belt is off as of now but I have the bearing and new belt just needs to be installed. Also probably needs a base line/tune up. Thanks for your help!

After I work through my overdue Honey-Do's I can get back to my wife's 95. I still have to finish sanitizing the interior and find a shop to reline the tan headliner I bought.

If I do things right I'll have enough left over from my trip to buy a decent welder and get my 69 running... I'll have two weeks of quarantine at home and another 2 weeks of leave to play with.

Just make sure they use either Toyota or Aisin (main parts supplier to Toyota) for all parts. There are few exceptions to that rule. Dennis knows that, I believe.
Plugs- Denso
Wires- Toyota
Cap/rotor- Toyota
Hoses- Toyota
Fan clutch- Aisin
Thermostat- Toyota
Rad cap- Toyota (must)
Air filter- Toyota
Oil filter- Toyota

Etc, etc.

Good luck!

After I work through my overdue Honey-Do's I can get back to my wife's 95. I still have to finish sanitizing the interior and find a shop to reline the tan headliner I bought.

If I do things right I'll have enough left over from my trip to buy a decent welder and get my 69 running... I'll have two weeks of quarantine at home and another 2 weeks of leave to play with.
I used to have a 69 3 speed on the tree!

Just make sure they use either Toyota or Aisin (main parts supplier to Toyota) for all parts. There are few exceptions to that rule. Dennis knows that, I believe.
Plugs- Denso
Wires- Toyota
Cap/rotor- Toyota
Hoses- Toyota
Fan clutch- Aisin
Thermostat- Toyota
Rad cap- Toyota (must)
Air filter- Toyota
Oil filter- Toyota

Etc, etc.

Good luck!
Thanks! It seems to run pretty well, maybe a little loud but overall strong. 211k on the clock. I drove to the Muskegon beach with no problems and then yesterday.....CEL

Thanks! It seems to run pretty well, maybe a little loud but overall strong. 211k on the clock. I drove to the Muskegon beach with no problems and then yesterday.....CEL
A CEL on an 80 is something really minor 90% of the time. Most likely P401 for a bad O2 sensor reading due to a malfunctioning egr. It might be a good idea to buy either a scanguage or ultraguage and check your codes. More importantly they will be a more accurate temp guage for your truck. if you keep oil in it and NEVER let it overheat, you cannot kill a 1fz-fe engine. The factory temp guage will only register hot after it is too late, hence the scanguage. Old cooling system components (hoses, t stat, etc) are your enemy

Well... maybe you can’t kill a 1fze, but my 16 yr-old daughter sure did 7 yrs ago! She wasn’t watching the gauges and the rear heater line (steel) blew. She locked it up and caused a lot of cost and headaches.

The factory guage basically only tells you when it is too late. There is a little resistor in there to hold it in the middle of the range until it gets really hot (too hot).

I should add that the rear heat lines are usually junk by now in most cruisers.

Best to just mount a scanguage or ultraguage and use it for temp reading permanently

The factory guage basically only tells you when it is too late. There is a little resistor in there to hold it in the middle of the range until it gets really hot (too hot).

I should add that the rear heat lines are usually junk by now in most cruisers.

Best to just mount a scanguage or ultraguage and use it for temp reading permanently

What temps are normal especially during this heat w a/c on?

Put in a scan gauge, as Pat said.

What temps are normal especially during this heat w a/c on?
Mine runs 185-190 over the past week, with a/c running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom