Events/Trails West Mesa Ride, 1-22-2023 SUNDAY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am leading a ride exploring the West Mesa, out of Rio Rancho, NM.

Meeting at Home Depot, HWY 550, near HWY 528, parking lot at
9:00 am, SUNDAY 1-22-2023. Wii air down there and drive a short distance to dirt. LEAVE at 9:30 am.

We will drive rugged two track , arroyos and hills, driving generally westward all day, and end up back on pavement , SOMEWHERE, to air up around 5 pm.
Close to town, so anyone can head back home from anywhere out there, whenever they want to.
ALL you need is a 4x4 with low range and recovery points, front and back. Good off road tires will help get through stretches of deep sand.
Get off the couch, ignore football for a few hours, and have some cheap fun.
Let me know if you plan to join us, thanks.

Jeff B.

I’m in

@krazykat69 where is west mesa in relation to the Puerco?
The West Mesa is just all the area west of Rio Rancho until you get to the Puerco. There are miles of dirt roads, arroyos, and play areas. I usually explore everything north of Southern in Rio Rancho. I like going out into the Puerco valley , at the end of Southern, but it can get pretty crowded out there, sometimes. Our group might end up at the edge of the overlook into the Puerco valley and we may have time to drop down in there, too.
I just start close to Rio Rancho, closer to the Rio Grande river, and work our way west, all day.
Does that answer your question?

Won’t know until Saturday night, I’ll let you know. Thanks for doing this!

Irritated my day fell apart at 7AM and couldn't make this. Hope you guys had a good day out there, weather looks like it cooperated.

A few photos from today.

86DD7B5D-8D1F-4A73-817C-B957389269B9.jpeg

F3799073-17C2-4CAC-A4CE-A0B99ECA2107.jpeg

4B51BE98-101A-4ED7-83B7-3670835588F0.jpeg

CABA2100-7A67-486B-9AC7-B0B9BAE5E29C.jpeg

56106783-03E9-4358-82FC-096468DC10C8.jpeg

Had 14 4x4's on this ride. Good weather, Several technical sections, twisty arroyos, hill climbs. Nice lunch spot. No mechanicals. One recovery.
Had the entire West Mesa to ourselves.
Will post pictures soon.
Montijo505 showed up in his nice 4Runner.
Met a new guy, Brandon, with a nice FJ80. Hope to steer him toward our group.

Thanks for already posting some pictures. I will get some others up here soon. Thanks for joining my group today. Everybody had a good time.
It was a great time, wish I could have stuck around till the end. Thanks for having me!

Had 14 4x4's on this ride. Good weather, Several technical sections, twisty arroyos, hill climbs. Nice lunch spot. No mechanicals. One recovery.
Had the entire West Mesa to ourselves.
Will post pictures soon.
Montijo505 showed up in his nice 4Runner.
Met a new guy, Brandon, with a nice FJ80. Hope to steer him toward our group.
I pinged Brandon on mud but he hasn't made an appearance yet.

I just moved to Las Cruces from western Washington, will have to get together with you all after I get my Cruiser down here. Looked like a fun day !

I just moved to Las Cruces from western Washington, will have to get together with you all after I get my Cruiser down here. Looked like a fun day !
Welcome to the 'hood. Please start a new into thread with LOTS of pics :)

More pics...
DSCF0003.JPG
DSCF0008.JPG
DSCF0019.JPG
DSCF0020.JPG
DSCF0029.JPG

More pics...
DSCF0032.JPG
DSCF0036.JPG
DSCF0053.JPG
DSCF0054.JPG
DSCF0055.JPG

And more pics...
DSCF0059.JPG
DSCF0066.JPG
DSCF0067.JPG
DSCF0073.JPG

Sweet k5! What’s the tent story?

Sweet k5! What’s the tent story?
The K5 is nicely built and the couple that has it really likes to get out on the trails. They want to do some weekend camping out of it this summer, too

The tent(s) is , are a mystery to me. Out in a maze of small canyons and arroyos , there are two nice condition tents along this barely used dirt road. They look rather permanent. The tents are in same area, but underneath different trees. We speculated it was the haunted tents of a Lost Boy Scout Troop.
:smuggrin:😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom