Events/Trails West Mesa 4x4 Ride 2/1/2020 Before Super Bowl Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hope you can make it. Someone will have a front passenger seat for you. I will let you know if my wife doesn't go along, (usually she doesn't), and you are welcome to ride with me. I will know PDQ on available seat.
If I can make it I'll bring a rig, I may have to split out early'ish. And Scout wants to go so there's that

West Mesa is all the open land west of Rio Rancho, dirt roads, arroyos, with a few scattered houses.. The Puerco is all the open land that drops into canyons and mesas off the west end of the West Mesa, down into the Puerco river Valley..
Of the two areas, the Puerco is more rugged, has sandstone areas, arroyos, mesas, some great sandstone play areas. some roads can be hard. Many places where 4 Low is used.West Mesa is a large mesa, that Rio Rancho is built on, with many old dirt roads, and some arroyos flowing down toward the Rio Grande. More open with views of Sandias. Generally not as hard low range driving. Many open arroyos and wandering around on dirt roads. Both are fun, You chose which one you want to drive on. To get to the Puerco you would be driving on West Mesa roads to get there. Glad you can get out and do some wheeling. Do both rides, that's what I am doing!!

Jeff - which way are you heading to the dirt - Southern or Northern?

Just got home.
I plan to enter an arroyo near the Walmart on Hwy 528 and don't plan on using Southern or Northern much during the day. I plan to wander around in arroyos and dirt roads working my way west around the edges of Rio Rancho eventually getting out near the mesa edges overlooking the Puerco valley. Then turn around and check out other roads and arroyos on the way back down toward Rio rancho.

I'll be there. Might have a friend join me in his 4runner. I'll let you know if he can attend.
Glad you are joining us, and your friend , too. See you at Walmart.

I really need to replace my tires

Where/how will we air up at end of ride for those of us without the means to do so?

I'm sure one of us will air you up dude.

We will get you aired up. Happy to do so. But I do recommend sometime you get a portable air pump, that attaches to your battery terminals. Harbor Freight has a good one . item 63184. $65, and with their 20% off coupon, the price drops to $52. I have had mine for several years and it is still going strong. I have CO2, but have the portable for back up or airing up 2 rigs at the same time.
It would be perfect for your van tires. Having a good air up pump can get back to town if you get a slow leak on the highway, and many other situations .
Looking forward to wheeling with you on Sat.

We will get you aired up. Happy to do so. But I do recommend sometime you get a portable air pump, that attaches to your battery terminals. Harbor Freight has a good one . item 63184. $65, and with their 20% off coupon, the price drops to $52. I have had mine for several years and it is still going strong. I have CO2, but have the portable for back up or airing up 2 rigs at the same time.
It would be perfect for your van tires. Having a good air up pump can get back to town if you get a slow leak on the highway, and many other situations .

Good advice! I’m very excited to get out and play in the dirt! Thanks for putting this together.

If I can get my junk working right I will head that way. Hoping replacing the ball joint will get me back on the road. I ordered a 555 ball joint, but it won't be here until Monday. I got one from O'reilly I will install for now.

If I can get my junk working right I will head that way. Hoping replacing the ball joint will get me back on the road. I ordered a 555 ball joint, but it won't be here until Monday. I got one from O'reilly I will install for now.
Hope you get lucky and you get your 4x4 junk going. Should be a fun day. Weather is great for this time of year. We will be looking for you..

I tried looking up the item # but they no longer have that number for any current stock. I’ll have to keep looking. See you in the morning.

3am, still no sleep. I'm out. Have fun, be safe and post pics!

Made it almost to Tijeras and the ABS light came on. Headed back home now. Have fun everyone.

I tried looking up the item # but they no longer have that number for any current stock. I’ll have to keep looking. See you in the morning.
Harbor Freight has them in stock at the store.

Made it almost to Tijeras and the ABS light came on. Headed back home now. Have fun everyone.
Better to get it fixed at home. Next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom