Events/Trails West Mesa 4x4 Ride 2/1/2020 Before Super Bowl Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am leading a NM4Wheelers Ride, exploring dirt roads and arroyos on the West Mesa, of Rio Rancho. 2/1/2020, Sat . meeting at Wal Mart on hwy 528 on north end , near Hwy 500/528 intersection at 9:00 am . Parking on the west side of their parking lot and airing down there. Going straight to dirt from there.
I am posting on this site , also to invite anyone from HDC to join me. Did this ride before and had about 6-8 4x4's, Had a good time.
Plan to check out dirt roads, arroyos, steep sandy hill climbs. Easy to moderate, but bypasses everywhere, so a stock 4x4 could join us. Just need low range, good off road tires, and at least one front or back recovery point, in case you get stuck.
Get out of the house on Saturday, before the Super Bowl, the next day.

Ride is posted on NM4W.org calendar, also.
NM4W has 4x4's of all makes and models. Always fun to see what folks have built and how each 4x4 works in off road situations.
Bring food water, dress for the weather, and we should end up back at starting area in late afternoon.
Any questions, just ask.

:steer:

Maybe... might be interested in being a passenger, too

If my wife does not go, you are welcome to ride with me. You out of vehicles right now?

I’m in! Sounds like a good time.

I'll see if I join this ride and meet some new folks.

NM 4Wheelers need to try harder at making this website cater to "all inclusive" vehicles! :rofl:
1579797403300.png

NM 4Wheelers need to try harder at making this website cater to "all inclusive" vehicles! :rofl:
View attachment 2190361
Good point! The web master changes the wall paper picture ever once in a while. I will let him know it is time to change it out and to better reflect the various 4x4's in the club.
I have fun correcting some members who use the word Jeep as a catch all word for 4x4 's .. Kinda like saying" Kleenex" for all brands of tissue paper.

Hope you can make this ride, and the following week's ride into the Puerco. Officially , the NM4W do not post rides into the Puerco area because there is some private land areas in there. But many of the members wheel out there anyway.
Me being one.

View attachment 2190361
Ali,
Check out the new NM4W front page picture , just installed. Has a little more variety than previous picture. Obviously, you need to join NM4W also, since you get more done in one suggestion, than a year of NM4W meetings. Well , I passed along your thoughts and web master made the website more inclusive. Thanks.
Bottom line is more wheeling opportunities by checking out both web sites.:steer: That picture was down at Gordy's Hill, Socorro area BLM, on to of Full View Hill. My Toyota would have been in the picture, also, but I was taking the picture.

:clap:

I like it and it looks like David's @thegadgetguy rig on the left!! I do recall the word "jeepn" used for anything four wheeling related in that club.

1579873275661.png

I like it and it looks like David's @thegadgetguy rig on the left!! I do recall the word "jeepn" used for anything four wheeling related in that club.

View attachment 2191041
Yes, David was on that ride. He is always welcome on any ride, nice guy and is a very good off roader.
Hope we get a good turn out for the ride. I should see a few more sign ups as the date gets closer.
I don't expect a large group, though.

Right now, I have one jeep, one ford bronco, from NM4W, me and a few from NMHDC. Lots to explore out in this area. Check it out with us!

I do believe we’ll tag along, too.

Glad you can make this ride. I plan to chase arroyos and connect to each via dirt roads. Should be fun.

Have 1 1984 Jeep Scrambler, 1 Ford 1986 Ford Bronco, 1 1996 Jeep Cherokee, and one 2016 Wrangler, so far....from NM4W

My 1996 80, several maybe 80's, empty 80's 2017 TLC, Stephen's cool Toyota diesel Van .... weather looks good,

Good day to get outside, since most of us will be couch potatoes all day Super Bowl Sunday. This ride is close to town, but not many houses out on the far west mesa, so you would think you were in the middle of no where. Check out your backyard.

This reminds me, who's got superbowl food for me to chow down?

Thanks for doing this Jeff!
I’m a maybe. Prolly the 4Runner

I'm also a maybe, if I can get my night shift working self out of bed. I'll be there if I can, but don't wait on me if I don't show up. Thanks

Thanks for doing this Jeff!
I’m a maybe. Prolly the 4Runner
Hope you can make it. Someone will have a front passenger seat for you. I will let you know if my wife doesn't go along, (usually she doesn't), and you are welcome to ride with me. I will know PDQ on available seat.

I'm also a maybe, if I can get my night shift working self out of bed. I'll be there if I can, but don't wait on me if I don't show up. Thanks
Hope you can get up and join us. STRONG COFFEE, And off road excitement!! You will wake up somewhere out there.:steer:☕

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom