WeRoc @the Roc this weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

phishtaco

Cincinnati
Threads
Is anyone going? I'll be there Sat and hopefully Sunday if I get my exhaust fixed on my 80. I'll also be at Hooters show/shine on Friday night.

phishtaco said:
Is anyone going? I'll be there Sat and hopefully Sunday if I get my exhaust fixed on my 80. I'll also be at Hooters show/shine on Friday night.

Marc invited us to work the event but just no time this week at all with everything going on. Sucks too.

Take plenty of pics Marty, it's gonna be a great event. Hopefully, they will cover it in the Newspapers too

He asked me to judge and I said no way. I'll try and steal the digi from my wife

Hello all,

Sorry I haven't been a little more active in posting and what not. I've just been extremely busy the last few months. I had a couple of free hours this afternoon and remembered this event was going on so I took my 3yr. old daughter with me to check it out for awhile. I was pretty impressed with the facility, They have plenty of room to grow if it catches on (it better, cause that is one big crapload of concrete to try and get rid of if they sell the place... :eek: ). Though , there really wasn't a lot of people there, IMO. I've never really followed any rockcrawling events, but the place is like 15 minutes from my house...so I had to check it out.

Marty (PhishTaco)...sorry I didn't get to meet you. Woulda Been nice to meet another Marty ;) . (...my name is Marty)

I took a digital camcorder with me, but it was giving me fits..it takes digital pics too, but they are crappy resolution. Regardless..here are a few that I got before the battery died.

I thought this rig looked familiar....

(look at the size of those f'n U-joints!)
DCAM0248.jpg

And some rollover aftermath...
DCAM0247.jpg

And the others I got before the battery went south...
DCAM0244.jpg

DCAM0241.jpg

Marty

You know what, I must have been standing right next to you. I remember that roll and is that SpaceGhost after the 1st day? outside the fence

I was only there on Saturday, from about 2-4:30 or so. That rollover was around the front side (gate side) and you could hear propane leaking after it happened. Some girl was yelling "Fire! Fire!". I believe it was actually and endo, when the guy was trying to squeeze between the telephone poles, and tried to back it up the hill to get his passenger tire through. Too much skinny pedal put him on his lid.

I was standing with my 3yr old daughter. She was (unkown to me until later) filling the baggy pockets on my cargo shorts with rocks at the time.

Marty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom