Were'd mount yer license plate with no back doors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Show me your goods!! :eek:

Just wanted to get a few ideas on where to move my rear license plate once I get the top and rear doors off of the 40.

Pics?

The down & dirty way is to tie cord to top 2 mounting holes & attach to back of passenger seat. It'll get you thru until you fab. something better to attach to.

back of the rack, or i built a tailgate and ateched it to that

There are two small, unused holes in right side of my rear bumber that are the right distance away.

Just pulled top off the other day. Here is my makeshift til I build a tail gate. Notice the redundant zip tie coverage just incase one breaks ;), oh yeah baby. I like to cover all my bases you know, nothing but high quality work done here :bounce: . Don't be goin and thieving my indentity now either you guys. :eek:
1.JPG
2.JPG

I just threw mine on the floor in the back. I figure if I get pulled, he can see it when he walks up the side. They need a little exercise, with all the donuts they eat all day :flipoff2:

mounted in the spare, with quick release bracket

Last edited:
My dad doesnt have a spare tire carrier or doors on the back of his topless 40. He just got a scrap piece of expanded metal and cut it to fit the opening, bolted it on with hinges from the junkyard and mounted his plate do that.

Right here....

20050501-T-21.jpg

seems to work al right.... ;)

:beer:

HawkDriver said:
Just pulled top off the other day. Here is my makeshift til I build a tail gate. Notice the redundant zip tie coverage just incase one breaks ;), oh yeah baby. I like to cover all my bases you know, nothing but high quality work done here :bounce: . Don't be goin and thieving my indentity now either you guys. :eek:

sweet mud flap

i went with the bailin twine around the bumper route....

also, if you have the tie down things (whatever they're called) on the outside of the tub, near the lip, you can ziptie it there, and sort of bend it to the contour of the quarter panel....(did that too)

malphrus

In the back floor board under the cooler is the best place. :cheers:
That way you won't loose it!

another inside spare tire mount...

manny
plate.jpg

I duct tape mine to the rear bumper / cross member. It held all summer long, and I thought it looked kinda classy.

'Nother inside the spare tire mount here. I guess it is a CA thing. Maybe if the CHP can see the plate real well he won't go looking for other things.

I baling wired mine to my safety chain hooks on my bumper, the wire ate through the plate in short order. Now it rides safely under the passenger seat :D

One of these days it will go on the tire carrier - one of these days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom