We're in! '99 LX - new to us! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Threads
It seems like I have seen a few '99 LX470s changing hands lately, here is another one!

We got plates and applied for title today, so I guess it is official, eh?

I think they called this color Champagne Biege?
140k miles (had over 139k when we started looking at it, seller let us 'test drive' over Thanksgiving week.
Timing belt and water pump done @ 113k.
Lots of other maintenance done, including a recent AHC fluid flush.

The :princess: loves it!

LX470.JPG

Congrats! It looks like Christmas came early for both of us this year.

image.jpg
Yeah it did! It all started right around my birthday, so a very cool holiday season this year...

I just had a birthday too (Nov 30th)

That makes 3 new lx owners

Looks like you found a way. Nice!

:redface:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
November birthday is the best!

What year is yours?

Looks very nice! How many miles?

98. 280k. No squeaks or rattles. It's VERY clean. No kids or pets hauled in this one. Original paint. Same owner 17 years.

It had the 90 and 180k service done. It's now had its 270k service done by @bcmotor

Yes - the hood shocks were been replaced too

Hi jack over

Last edited:
Daaang. I wish my engine bay was that clean. :flipoff2:

Congrats on the new ride, OP. Very nice.

:redface:View attachment 1171190 View attachment 1171191 View attachment 1171196 View attachment 1171198 View attachment 1171199

98. 280k. No squeaks or rattles. It's VERY clean. No kids or pets hauled in this one. Original paint. Same owner 17 years.

It had the 90 and 180k service done. It's now had its 270k service done by @bcmotor

Hi jack over

That is immaculate!

Have you had one before? Seems like a lot of guys with old-school Cruisers are getting into these.

How does your AHC function? Has it had any service over those 280k miles?

Welcome to the show!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
That is immaculate!

Have you had one before? Seems like a lot of guys with old-school Cruisers are getting into these.

How does your AHC function? Has it had any service over those 280k miles?

Welcome to the show!

Technically I have another hundred but it's my wife's and she does not like me to drive it. We've had it in the stable for a while.

AHC seems to be working fine. The PO never used it.

:redface:View attachment 1171190 View attachment 1171191 View attachment 1171196 View attachment 1171198 View attachment 1171199

Hi jack over

I'm glad im not the only lunatic who just purchased a rig with over 270k lol...

Any updates to your build? Is there another thread I'm missing? I'd love to see what it looks like with the bumper, etc...

I'm glad im not the only lunatic who just purchased a rig with over 270k lol...

Seriously guys....Is there any other brand, model, make, rank or serial number of a vehicle on the stinkin planet that can wear less, look better, run better, rollodex the miles like nobody's business and still be more reliable than any other vehicle....? Perhaps its me and I need to get out more but I am not familiar with anything better than present company LC/LXs.

Any updates to your build? Is there another thread I'm missing? I'd love to see what it looks like with the bumper, etc...

Wow, I guess I have not done a very good job of updating this thread! No, there is not another thread you are missing. I think the issue is this truck has been so nice, I have focused on taking care of the other vehicles.

In rough chronological order:
  • Rear BIO bumper - sometime early 2016
  • BIO Sliders - probably Feb/early March of 2016
  • Took it on a great trip to the Maze District of Canyonlands NP in late March last year. She did great! I was worried about if the LSD still had any grip - it did. Much nicer than having to twist a knob if you need traction. We were out for a week and had a great trip.
  • Ironman fridge/freezer - we will give it a good workout on an upcoming trip, it will be so cool not to have warm, soggy food!
  • Replace low-pressure PS lines that were getting soggy and leaking
  • Replace idler pulley, tensioner pulley, serpentine belt
  • Service AHC & suspension - I will detail this in a separate post when I think I have this wrapped up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom