Went Snow Offroading today (thursday) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, after work I talk to my friend and he has the day off. We decide to head up past Castaic Lake looking for a good fireroad that I had scouted on Google Maps. Well, we get to the road and it has a gate that's locked. So we decide to head up towards lake hughes / elizabeth area. We cruise through the small town and head back down San Fransiquito Cyn road. There is about 15" of snow everywhere and we see a snow covered fireroad.

We decide to see how far we can get up there and try to get some sunset pictures so i air down to 15 psi and away we go. Everything is going great for the first 300 yards until we hit some deeper snow.

Long story short we spent the next hour and a half digging my truck out of the snow. If I was smarter I would have realized I had two sets of chains and my hi-lift in the back of my truck and we coulda been out of there in 20 mins..

It's gonna take some serious talent to steal the duck away from me next meeting. I have two strikes against me (stuck in snow and gas can pouring without spout using a milk carton and spilling everywhere.)

Friend took a few pics, I'll post them in a day or two when I get them.

The Duck! If I remember correctly, all Dave had to do was show up and he got the Duck!

Airing Down
airingdown.jpg

Sunset
sunset.jpg

Stuck in 20 in. deep snow, embarrassing.
stuck.jpg

this at sawmill campground rd by any chance. our clubs christmas run is up to bear camp on 7N23 scheduled for tomorrow :steer: any more pics?
:cheers: cliff

Is that your woman in front of your rig, taunting you?

:p

this at sawmill campground rd by any chance. our clubs christmas run is up to bear camp on 7N23 scheduled for tomorrow :steer: any more pics?
:cheers: cliff

Sorry, those are the only pictures. The rest of the time was spent digging out the truck. Might go back this week with chains and go in farther. I forgot to catch the forest route number but it's not the one you referenced.

Is that your woman in front of your rig, taunting you?

:p

Nope, my friend was taking the pictures. You'll meet him eventually. He hasn't gotten his 4Runner out of the garage in months. He cut the top off the back and now it looks like a mini avalanche.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom