Went for my first drive and is this normal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.flickr.com
and now that I arrived at my parents there is a fan that is still running that blows on the brake MC. Is this normal?

and now that I arrived at my parents there is a fan that is still running that blows on the brake MC. Is this normal?

yes that is correct, it will run for up to 30 minutes. it is cooling the carb area.

And it actually works???

:eek:

Good deal!

:cheers:

30 minutes???? I just started my dads 78 project the other day and that fan kicked on after I turned the truck off. That wont kill the battery?

30 minutes???? I just started my dads 78 project the other day and that fan kicked on after I turned the truck off. That wont kill the battery?

Nah, very little draw.

The fan working is a good thing. It will help prevent the gas in the carb from boiling and causing hard starting from lack of fuel in the carb. I know cuz mine didn't work when I got it so I hooked the fan up to a switch and life is grand. Enjoy the ride.

I don't know when they started installing the fan. Mine is a 78 also. The fan is mounted over the louver on the driver side right under the brake master. There are some pictures on other threads in mud. Maybe someone will chime in with the answer to your question.

I don't know when they started installing the fan. Mine is a 78 also. The fan is mounted over the louver on the driver side right under the brake master. There are some pictures on other threads in mud. Maybe someone will chime in with the answer to your question.

the very early ones, maybe 75-76?, were mounted above the headlight pointing rearward, kinda an open fan, maybe only cali models? saw a pic on here awhile ago.

Ive been trying to get my cooling fan to work for too long! I'm jealous, I have only had it work once and was thrilled to hear the humm. Now I am stuck propping the hood when it gets hot after long drives. Good for you

My 8/77 was mounted on the front of the driver's side engine compartment and pointed at a 45* angle toward the carb to the rear. Has never worked and I removed it a couple of months ago, its now a candidate for disassembly-paint-rebuild on the to do list with other items.

I was adjusting valves today and had wondered what the sensor in the photo's is for? Not trying to hijack but was wondering if its related to this fan? I haven't studied the wiring diagram for the carb fan yet but was curious if this sensor is tied into the carb fan along with the coolant temp sender. :hmm:

sorry here are the pics
P3250059.jpg
P3250057.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom