well, the decision was made for me. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A rock actually made the decision. I had been thinking about taking the mud flaps off. I guess now is as good a time as any.
wheelin 030 (Small).jpg
wheelin 031 (Small).jpg

I took them off at Moab and put them back on afterwards. Robbie strongly suggested it to me.

I actually like the look of flapless.

Does anyone use a heavy duty rubber type mud flap on their 80's. It seems like it would be a lot better for your paint than no flaps at all. Seems worth looking into.

I prefer no flaps (and sold mine), but the rocker panel and higher paint will suffer tons of chip damage. Especially below the rear doors.

I can't believe how dirty you leave your rig .... :rolleyes:

:flipoff2:

These things came with mud flaps?!

Never mind the paint on your own rig .... how about the windshield of others going down the road? Recently had some F350 without flaps kick up a rock and crack my fresh new PPG glass :mad:

Anyone remember that picture of TYLER's rig...in the snow/ice that showed how ineffective the "mud" flaps were???

I haven't put mine back on...I think I will trim them down then see how I like them.

TX_TLC said:
Anyone remember that picture of TYLER's rig...in the snow/ice that showed how ineffective the "mud" flaps were???

I haven't put mine back on...I think I will trim them down then see how I like them.

Maybe this one?

TY

nomudflaps.jpg

It was one of those....

I guess they might keep some bigger chunks knocked down...

T Y, i can't tell from that pic, but do you have your front flaps on?

concretejungle said:
T Y, i can't tell from that pic, but do you have your front flaps on?

You might have to callibrate your monitor CJ. ;p The front mudflaps are dark, but they're there, yes. I installed them after taking off the running boards this winter.

TY

Okydoky, thanks. I was trying to decide if leaving the front flaps on would help decrease debris being thrown on the side, looks like they do. I'll keep the fronts and lose the rears.

I made it all the way through CMCC following Junk with my flaps. :D At the end of the day I still had em, though not for lack of trying on J's part. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom