Well, now what? Thermostat installed, cold start switch...won't start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, need some more help... I replaced the thermostat and the new cold start switch. Got everything put back together, fill her up with coolant and started her up. Ran for a few seconds sluggish, then the RPM's went to 2,000 running high and strong. Hit the accelerator a few times to see if I could bring them back down to no avail. Turned the engine off and now it won't start. Turns over but no engine engage. Unplugged the new cold start switch, still no luck. Just turns over and over....any ideas?

A 62 right? It was running fine before? Hard to start would make sense if something is up with a sensor, but ' not start ' seems odd even when it's really cold. If you retrace your steps, did you remove any of the sensors on the intake chamber? ISC valve sensor? MAF sensor?
It almost sounds like a fuel issue, just be weird to all of a sudden play up after doing thermostat work. I'd retrace my steps and if you can't find anything... check everything fuel/spark/air following the FSM... LMK if you need a copy of the FSM.

A 62 right? It was running fine before? Hard to start would make sense if something is up with a sensor, but ' not start ' seems odd even when it's really cold. If you retrace your steps, did you remove any of the sensors on the intake chamber? ISC valve sensor? MAF sensor?
It almost sounds like a fuel issue, just be weird to all of a sudden play up after doing thermostat work. I'd retrace my steps and if you can't find anything... check everything fuel/spark/air following the FSM... LMK if you need a copy of the FSM.
Yes 62- what’s strange is it started right up on the first crank. Ran for a few mins at 2000 rpm and I shut it off. Then nothing...you think the plugs went bad? I smell gas when trying to start and give it some...pls do send the FSM. I’m losing my mind....🤪

Yeah that's the worst. I'm sure its something small, knocked something loose or off.
I doubt it's the plugs... Good you smell fuel. Did it run normal in those few min?

FSM LINK
It ran sluggish for a few seconds then kicked in to high idle...it didn’t run like it usually does- ???

Is your efi temp sensor still plugged in?

OK, need some more help... I replaced the thermostat and the new cold start switch. Got everything put back together, fill her up with coolant and started her up. Ran for a few seconds sluggish, then the RPM's went to 2,000 running high and strong. Hit the accelerator a few times to see if I could bring them back down to no avail. Turned the engine off and now it won't start. Turns over but no engine engage. Unplugged the new cold start switch, still no luck. Just turns over and over....any ideas?

hwy nash

you very well might have a severed leed or wire at or just inside the Sensor Connector housing you just replaced and cant see it

follow me here ?

or bumped one of the other ones in the change out process and its now severed

i have personalty had this happen and also bumped and severed another t stat housing connector sensor wire in the process

hope these TECH photos help you reference ?

let me know if i can further help

matt

DSCN5179.JPG
DSCN5180.JPG
DSCN5188.JPG
DSCN5190.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom