1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, now i am stuck in GA...

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Liam, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    I made it down from ME to ATL in 17hours - my new :princess: Saab like to go fast.
    Our house in CT sold in less than an hour of being on the market and they want to close by Aug 31st. Now i have to find a house in GA rather quickly - the good thing is, for what we sold our little house for in CT we can buy a 3000+ sq/ft house built within the last 3 years. Our last house was 75yrs old, built like a brick shieot house though.

Last night in my hotel room was very interesting. For those of you who have diabetis you would prolly understand a bit more.
    My blood suger crashed (hypoglyciema) to the point that i could barely funtion or make rational decisions. I was sweating like i had just run a marathon, i bet my blood sugar was 22, which is NOT good. From what i remember, i stumbled around for an hour trying to get a hold of my self. I was lucky that i did not fall asleep cuze i prolly woulnt have woken up...ever. It has happen once before and my wife had to call 911 and i woke up to three firefighters and two EMS guys standing over me with an IV in my arm.
    Anyway, I some how got to the vending machine and bought a coke downd it and then threw up foam...sat for five mins and then got anther one - i was feeling a bit better at this point, but was having trouble walking/moving my legs...
    Well, i am all better now and about to head off to work.
    I'll catch you guys on the flip side - prolly wont be surfing mud dat much until i get my perminate desk.....

LONG LIVE CHEERLEADER THREAD :grinpimp:

2. LandCruiserSteve

LandCruiserSteve

Welcome to Georgia, Noah!!

Now you's gots to learn yo-self a furrin' language if ya'alls fixin' to stay a tad. :D

On a serious note, hope you're feeling better.

3. OZCAL

OZCAL

Yeah be careful now - the Coca Cola is fresh down there!

4. stinkyfj60

stinkyfj60

EEK! good thing you are alright, scary!

Good luck in Georgia!

5. Deep South Cruisers

Deep South Cruisers 1978 FJ40 ~ 283 V8

I thought I sensed a disturbance in the "force" LOL I better alert the deep south immigration of your location.

Take better care of yourself DUMMY, I worked with a guy that went home for lunch and never came back. His sugar was out of whack and he fell at home with no one there to help... 24 hours later we found him, DEAD.

6. 98LXand99LC

98LXand99LC

Shouldn't you carrry some sort of emergency kit for that stuff? That sounds a bit scary, glad you're okay.

7. dd113

dd113

A small town in Jersey is missing an idiot.

8. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

isn't a blood sugar of 22 HIGH??? then why would coke help it?

just going off what my diabetic room mate was like when i lived with her

9. stayalert

stayalert SILVER Star

I rememeber well calling EMT's to an office I worked in to respond to a semi-conscious guy at work. He had a bracelet on and the EMTs were so routine about the who affair they were joking about it. They pushed in some liquid through an IV and counted down from five, at 4 one of them said "I pronounce you AWAKE!" at that instant the guy sat bolt upright somewhat bewildered. It was like throwing a light switch.

Scared the crap out of everyone that had gathered around to "help". They belittled the Heck out of the guy for not managing his diabetes.

Noah, thanks for sharing, good luck with your relo. Diabetes blows but you gotta manage it unless you wanna die by yourself in some damn hotel somewhere. If that's the case at least put me into you will for some cool s***.

Kind regards

10. firetruck41

firetruck41

No, the normal range is ~60-100. Too much insulin or activity, not enough sugar, is usually the cause.

11. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

If you don't start carrying a glucometer I'm going to send Reffug down to kick you in the nutsack ! (He's into that sort of thing .. NTTAWWT ;p ).

But like Steve said 22 is high dumbass .. maybe you meant 2-3 mmol/litre :D .

Go out and buy some oral glucose paste in a tube, and shove them in your glove box, briefcase, bedside table, office desk etc. Don't let this s*** get out of control .. last thing you need is to become brittle and then start into stuff like amputated feet, blindness, having to change socks 4 times a day, insulin injections, constant monitoring of B.S. It's a bitch of a disease .. keep on top of it!

Good luck Noah, if you need any help don't hesitate to PM.

TY

PS: Buy a medic alert bracelet/neglace which indicates you are a diabetic (insulin? pill? diet? controlled, and also your other med Hx and allergies.

12. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:

You ever taste that s*** T? It's really nasty....

13. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Interesting .. in Canada, our glucometers measure blood sugar levels in millimols per litre. (mmol/L). So normal range is around 4-6 mmol/L. I treat anyone below 4 mmol/L. Must be a metric thang .. ;)

TY

14. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Only when the dispatchers fawk me over for lunch .. :D

I had some guy fool me (not intentionally) into thinking he was actually eating the tube of paste bit by bit .. I squeezed it into his mouth a bit at a time .. I was surprised as hell when I got him to emerge and he opened his mouth and spit the whole thing back out into a K Basin .. bugger was holding it in his mouth all along . Too funny ..

TY

15. trucruiser

trucruiser

Take care of your self Noah, cause we need you to go out on the town and get some footage of the Georgia hotties.

16. stuck in GA

stuck in GA

Well your coming to GA and I am leaving. I guess your thankful. I am going to VA for college. But you will love it here. Great place!

17. Jman

Jman

Why, did Junk go with him? :confused:

Noah, glad you pulled though that. I've got diabetes in my family, so I know what that means. Traveling alone like that you should have been more vigilant and better prepared. :frown: Anyway, glad you are back to, um, "normal." :rolleyes:

And as for the new house/old house thing, I'd look for an older, solid house in a mature neighborhood. (Uh, I know you are nowhere near mature, but that's not my point.) Location, location, location. A big new house (of crappy build quality) in a "new" neighborhood (with no services, stores, etc.) is just the kind of place that will lose value if indeed there is a bubble.

Good luck. :)

18. dd113

dd113

I will trade 37 Stuck in GAs for one Noah

19. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

I think the phase is a village in NJ is missing it's idiot.

20. Jman

Jman

What am I missing? Noah is from CT.