Well, my radiator is cooked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
overheated the other day and it sprung a leak. It's old and has been cored out a couple times so it probably needed replacement anyhow. Does anyone have a suggestion for a new one? I remember a while back someone posted up a link to a vendor that had radiators that were better than stock and costed half as much. I should have bookmarked it.

go with the Performance rad, thats what I used in the 60 and 62, OEM quailty, half the price. I would use these again and again.

Polarweasel is parting a 60 and the radiator looks very new in it. Not sure if it's still available, but might save you a few bones.

Parting FJ60 THread

I just replaced mine with an aftermarket rad from JT Outfitters. I was bummed to find out that the stock cap didn't fit and had to put a cheesy one on.

My Toyota dealer had an aftermarket one too for around 250, without shipping costs. Dunno what they sell, but it was reasonable.

Truck runs soo much cooler since the swap. I think it is a necessary evil. Much like the intake gasket I am changing now. When I had it out I pulled a bunch of the beat up parts and painted them black and cleaned up the engine compartment. Added some time to the job, but it looks sharp. I would post a pic to show off if anyone is interested. My first time getting my hands under the hood and I am real proud.

Wish I was on this board when I bought my radiator. I would have gone elsewhere.

Good luck.

I just replaced mine with an aftermarket rad from JT Outfitters. I was bummed to find out that the stock cap didn't fit and had to put a cheesy one on.

The one I got from Cool Cruisers of Texas also used a smaller cap than stock. I ended up using on that also fit my Tacoma. :mad:

I just purchased a 4 core OEM copy at Performance Radiator in phoenix, AZ last week and it's great quality. The radiator they sell is used for the 62 also, so it has the tranny cooler hook-ups. If your looking for a cleaner install w/o the extra ports, you will need to try a different supplier. Their rads are so economical and good quality I don't ever repair tanks or cores anymore. They have a 3 year warranty. $216

mike

another vote for Performance Radiator :)

high quality, much less expensive than OEM, and no troubles to date....

-db-

Went online to order a Performance radiator today and the price that came up was $0.00 with $19.00 shipping. Almost ordered it just to see what would happen but decided to call in the order instead. $215 + shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom