Well, I've come to the realization that I just need an aluminum tub. Looking for pics of projects with aqualu with hard top and ambulance doors... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DKM

Threads
I started my search for a 40 in fall of 2021. I wanted it be pretty much stock, with a 2F and 4 speed. I found one in Spring of this year and bought it. I knew it had lots of rust, but the price was right and I could just buy some replacement panels and be on my way. Well, as I keep digging away at this thing, I have realized that I will probably just be chasing rust the rest of my life. After doing some research, it looks like people are happy with their aqualu tubs, and not so happy with their aftermarket steel tubs. I'd prefer to go with steel, but it sounds like they are all a headache with fit and finish. I am really hoping I can keep my hard top, and doors (both front and rear ambulance) to keep a close-to-stock look. Doing an extensive search of aqualu threads, most of the pics show either soft tops, or hard tops with the aqualu tailgate, I haven't seen any with rear ambulance doors. Do any of you have know of a link to a build that has an aqualu tub with rear ambulance doors, looking pretty much stock (excpet for the obvious differences with the aqualu tub)? Thanks!

I started my search for a 40 in fall of 2021. I wanted it be pretty much stock, with a 2F and 4 speed. I found one in Spring of this year and bought it. I knew it had lots of rust, but the price was right and I could just buy some replacement panels and be on my way. Well, as I keep digging away at this thing, I have realized that I will probably just be chasing rust the rest of my life. After doing some research, it looks like people are happy with their aqualu tubs, and not so happy with their aftermarket steel tubs. I'd prefer to go with steel, but it sounds like they are all a headache with fit and finish. I am really hoping I can keep my hard top, and doors (both front and rear ambulance) to keep a close-to-stock look. Doing an extensive search of aqualu threads, most of the pics show either soft tops, or hard tops with the aqualu tailgate, I haven't seen any with rear ambulance doors. Do any of you have know of a link to a build that has an aqualu tub with rear ambulance doors, looking pretty much stock (excpet for the obvious differences with the aqualu tub)? Thanks!
Can you post some pics of what you have

L
Look at the comments on this BAT sale. Has a link to the restoration log where they used an aqualu, I believe. Not sure if it has the detail you are looking for ( and I have no experience with the shop), but might be of some help

Reactions: DKM
@White Stripe 's build thread is a good start.

Reactions: DKM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom