Well I got to see the Heisman Trophy winner play... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Took my older daughter down for the LSU-Alabama game, we had a wonderful weekend except for the....well, you know.

Man the campus was crazy. We drove out to campus and parked our car at 8:30 am in our usual spot; parking was already disappearing fast. Took Uber back to hotel and then to lunch, when we Uber'ed back to the campus at 1:00 we couldn't have parked anywhere within a mile of any campus border. This for a 7 pm kickoff.

I had a great time with my 16-yr old daughter, hell she even talked to me! (Doesn't happen that often anymore!) We ate at two of our favorite restaurants. I got together with some old fraternity buddies at a great tailgate, caught up with some good Bama fan friends from my days at UAB, and saw one of my favorite regional bands, Bag of Donuts out of New Orleans.

I thought LSU might put Alabama in the position of facing adversity for the first time this year but it just never developed, it was like watching a boa constrictor strangle your favorite dog or cat. I was proud of LSU's effort; they never gave up, but they just didn't have the horsepower.

Tua is something else now, you just have to watch and admire. I told my daughter, at least we got to see the Heisman winner play. I don't see anybody giving them a game this year, heck maybe not til Tua leaves. The only thing that galls me about the whole thing, is that a bunch of Alabama's better players are from Louisiana and should be playing for LSU. I hate that instead of having the chest to be part of building something in their home state they go along and jump on at Alabama. It's a shame.

<(Toyota relevance reference - took the trip in my 4Runner!)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom