Well I Finally Pulled the Trigger on Not One But Two 100’s! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Btw, just did my seats with Lseat replacements and they look great. I can definitely see the potential in this project.

That LC is junk. Complete junk. Paint is shot, tranny is shot, rack is shot, leather is shot, you know it was abused and towed heavy... Ive never said this about a UJZ100, but, shoot it. put it out of its misery. Too many good trucks to be had that where owned by Doctors for $7k.

That LC is junk. Complete junk. Paint is shot, tranny is shot, rack is shot, leather is shot, you know it was abused and towed heavy... Ive never said this about a UJZ100, but, shoot it. put it out of its misery. Too many good trucks to be had that where owned by Doctors for $7k.

Lol yes. I can fix a lot of junk for $5500. I am just guessing but I bet you have a rust free truck? The fact that I can do most all of the work myself will save this LC. No rust is huge for me.

It may be a turd but its still better than a GM product. :)

Lol yes. I can fix a lot of junk for $5500. I am just guessing but I bet you have a rust free truck? The fact that I can do most all of the work myself will save this LC. No rust is huge for me.

It may be a turd but its still better than a GM product. :)

rooting for you, just know what you are up against. Not much can kill these things, but towing heavy with severe neglect would do it.

I'd swap the locker over, yank the motor, part the rest and then build the motor up.... lots of untapped potential in the 2uz.

or just swap the locker, swap in a used trans and sell the cruiser again and put the money into fixing the AHC, tires, armor, front locker, etc....

But if you are set on keeping both then good luck and i'm looking forward to following it.

rooting for you, just know what you are up against. Not much can kill these things, but towing heavy with severe neglect would do it.

Same here. Love to see some photos of the engine bay and under the truck.

So I invested in AAA and got the Land Cruiser home. It drug the rear tires onto the ramp truck so I was really not having high hopes at that time. Mind you I have never even heard the cruiser run. So I get home and the fella hooks the winch up to pull the truck back and I ask him if its all right to ride it down and he says go for it. As he is dragging it down I kept pulling on the E Brake handle and bam the rear brakes pop free and the truck rolls down the ramp almost hitting my garage lol. Well there is some good news the trans isn't totally crushed and jammed. He leaves and I start playing with my cool new toy and mind you it's 10:00 and I have to get up at O dark thirty to work. I wonder if it will start nope just clicks. I grab my tiny emergency booster pack off my snowmobile and bam fires right up not weird noises or anything. Front and rear A/C work awesome. The truck will drive around so that is a bonus for a parts truck lol. Pulled codes and took a picture now it's time for bed.

Maineiac Out/

wF2HytA.jpg

Fault log report generated by Torque for Android
=================================================

Vehicle VIN:
Vehicle Manufacturer:
Vehicle Calibration ID:

Current Fault Log
------------------
P0135: O2 Sensor Heater Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0155: O2 Sensor Heater Circuit (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
P0753: Shift Solenoid "A" Electrical
P1760: [Chrysler] TCM Supply Voltage Interrupted
[Ford] Transmission system problems
[Nissan] Overrun Clutch Solenoid Valve (Circuit)
[Mitsubishi] TPS short
[Dodge] TCM Supply Voltage Interrupted
[Jeep] TCM Supply Voltage Interrupted
[Seat/Audi/Volkswagen] Shift Lock Malfunction

Pending Fault Log
------------------
P0135: O2 Sensor Heater Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

Historic Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no historic faults
Other discovered fault codes
(possibly pending, current or manufacturer specific)
----------------------------------------------------

End of report.

Looks amazing in the dark. rooting for you, OP.

Well I spent some time cleaning the LC today. it turned out pretty well. I think with some polish it will get even better. The transmission functions as it should minus some very hard shifts lol. looking into if the line pressure solenoid is replaceable or not. This thing feels like a tank compared to my 4Runner.
lZORxUd.jpg
pDMyvVm.jpg
E6SaD0k.jpg
bmJndW0.jpg
IWsN6kS.jpg
qfRFe2N.jpg
ikL30hH.jpg
J0y84kD.jpg
UKsBTJC.jpg
AHc9vpR.jpg

Damn, hell of a score you got yourself! I've never seen a 100 selling with an asking price lower than $5500 on the WCoast, I'd jump on those too if I saw them.

If I had 2 Hundy's, for sure one would get the grinder busted out and I'd chop off the top and make either a Ute/truck or keep it like a 1st gen 4runner with a soft top.

I'd almost bet your non-start issue before is related to the EFI fuse - look at the EFI fuse/immobilizer threads on the subject.

Well today I had a few minutes to clean the Lexus up a bit. The interior is surprisingly clean with a little bit of work. This truck had the third row seats so I put them in there for now. I also discovered it bent the bumper when it was hit in the front right. Guess I will have to replace it with something heavier. Getting my supply together for a baseline pretty much just need gear oil and some stuff from my buddy at Toyota. Here's hoping for some time off soon.

w1Z3aFF.jpg
YXjOJ0p.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom