NOW WITH A 0-70 Launch! Well i did a thing.. my 97 lx build. distributorless/turbo/h151f (1 Viewer)

how many waygu beef powers and torques did project waygu beef make?

• 100awhp!

• 200awhp!!

• 300awhp!!!

• 400awhp!!!!

• 500awhp!!!!!

• 600awhp!!!!!!?

Results are only viewable after voting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice. How does it sound? I’m literally tearing all of the old trash speakers out of mine. Will most likely go with the Pioneer 8400nex since you get both DVD and GPS with it. Haven’t decided on speakers yet.
Did you eliminate the factory AMP? The PO on mine also changed the speakers to entry level Pioneer and Alpine in the rear and they were horrible. But it could be the head unit too.

I have done many a Stereo swaps and honestly I am just stuck with where I am going with this one.
I also found whole hog tech on here who at least used to make a mount for a sub in the rear for us LX guys. I reached out to them today to see if they still have some. It would mount in the factory location and hold an AMP. Just add a grill cover.

Did you eliminate the factory AMP? The PO on mine also changed the speakers to entry level Pioneer and Alpine in the rear and they were horrible. But it could be the head unit too.

I have done many a Stereo swaps and honestly I am just stuck with where I am going with this one.
I also found whole hog tech on here who at least used to make a mount for a sub in the rear for us LX guys. I reached out to them today to see if they still have some. It would mount in the factory location and hold an AMP. Just add a grill cover.
Yes the factory amp has been bypassed I believe using the Metra wiring harness, so the alpine amp is powering the 4 door speakers using the existing wiring. make sure you set the gain properly on your amp otherwise your audio won't sound good, plenty of videos on YT on how to set gain with a multimeter. i also would say to get an external amp for the door speakers and not to use any headunits as the power source they are never rated very high, usually 15-20 watts, 50watts rms per channel powering 6 1/2's in all 4 doors sounds great when setup properly. i will probably end up doing the 10" sub or maybe an 8" in the right rear

Small update, slowly collecting parts, got the majority of the entire toyota bushing kit, got the marlin crawler tierod/draglink upgrades on sale, oem hitch and some wheels! Nothing installed yet, I've learned from past builds that I would rather wait and do everything at once, next up is a dobinsons 1.75" kit along with some delta VS arms and rear panhard bracket. :cheers:

20201108_193822.jpg

Small update, slowly collecting parts, got the majority of the entire toyota bushing kit, got the marlin crawler tierod/draglink upgrades on sale, oem hitch and some wheels! Nothing installed yet, I've learned from past builds that I would rather wait and do everything at once, next up is a dobinsons 1.75" kit along with some delta VS arms and rear panhard bracket. :cheers:

View attachment 2492108
IMG_20201108_212929_615.jpg

Nice. I’ve been considering Dobs. What Mae you choose this vs an OME lift? Nice snow pic. We are in Maple Balleyvand may find some snow this weekend too.

I have never seen those wheels before but dang they are nice ! Looks like a perfect 80 series build going on here. I might try those speakers as the pioneers I put in are honestly terrible.

Nice. I’ve been considering Dobs. What Mae you choose this vs an OME lift? Nice snow pic. We are in Maple Balleyvand may find some snow this weekend too.
Thanks! Plenty of great reviews on Dobinsons is one reason i chose them, they also had a great sale. Seems like people started trending away from Ome not sure if its just "older" tech but i've heard people saying they actually prefer the ride of the dob's vs ome. I know both are great products. I can't wait to get back up into the mountains for some snow as well, are you on facebook by chance? I'm part of a group on there "avants off road" they always have people planning trips out, definitely going to join up on some of the trips.

I have never seen those wheels before but dang they are nice ! Looks like a perfect 80 series build going on here. I might try those speakers as the pioneers I put in are honestly terrible.
Thanks! The wheels are made by Advan racing owned by Yokohama rubber, they are a great brand. I know most people on here can't stomach expensive japanese wheels and usually choose stock or steel or cheaper aftermarket aluminum wheels, for good reason, wheels get bashed and abused usually. But i love the brand and they also had a great sale on em so i pulled the trigger, actually there are a few japanese manufacturers getting in on the truck wheel game as of recent. As far as the speakers they sound awesome, i'm running an alpine headunit with the addon amplifier so its 45 watts x 4 rms and 100 peak, and a 250watt jl 10" and alpine amp combo, couldn't have asked for a better setup imo! definitely try to install larger speakers in your rear doors, the stock 4" ones suck!

So the PO sprung for a nice alpine double din head unit but all the speakers were trash so I went ahead and fixed the stereo this morning. So the head unit is an alpine ilx-w650 has android auto and apple car play bluetooth, multiple camera inputs and a few other neat features, the unit only does 15w per channel though so I went ahead and bought the amp that matches the head unit it's the alpine kta-450, does 50W X 4 rms with alpine dpp, the combo is awesome and is super slim only like 5" deep there is plenty of space behind the assembly to stuff wiring etc.. as for speakers I chose to do 6.5" infinity coaxial speakers in all 4 doors. Install was easy peasy the rear doors I used the template and cut pie shapes in the door metal and just folded over the tabs that were created so I could fit the speaker in the rear. I have a JL 10 that I will eventually be stuffing in the right rear trunk panel so I can keep as much space as possible. Pics!!
View attachment 2351686
View attachment 2351680
View attachment 2351683
View attachment 2351684
View attachment 2351685
I have those same speakers and absolutely love them. I don't have an amp but they still sound great. I can imagine how good they would sound being pushed with a little more clean power.

Good looking rig. Cant wait to see where this goes.

Welp here she is! Lift is on, no CC yet I wanted to see where the height ended up, teenest but of stink but shes currently very light with no rear seats and no spare and no rear bumper... yet... the incline of the driveway is removing the illusion of non stink. Current hub center to fender are as follows. F 22 1/2" R 23 1/8ish" - 23 1/4" was kinda of hard to measure very very precisely. Will be addressing CC with delta arms, and I forgot to look at the rear pan hard to see the angle but it will probably get the delta bracket as well. I also want to drive it around first before slapping more parts on.
20201206_134102.jpg

20201205_163506.jpg

20201205_151903.jpg

20201206_110513.jpg

Going to update the tires when you put on the new wheels?
Oh absolutely lol, right now its got some crappy probably 10 year old michelin wannabe A/T's i will be putting on yokohama geolander G003 M/T's in 285/75/17 which is a 34.1" tire right inbetween a 33 and a 35, IMO a 3" lift looks perfect with 35's so this will be right in the middle with my roughly 2" lift

Thanks! Plenty of great reviews on Dobinsons is one reason i chose them, they also had a great sale. Seems like people started trending away from Ome not sure if its just "older" tech but i've heard people saying they actually prefer the ride of the dob's vs ome. I know both are great products. I can't wait to get back up into the mountains for some snow as well, are you on facebook by chance? I'm part of a group on there "avants off road" they always have people planning trips out, definitely going to join up on some of the trips.
Awesome. I requested to join the group. Looking at the pics of your lift. I would love to see how it rides. I can’t decide if I will go OME or DOB or Icon. But I want to go up 3” and put 35’s on.
Plus I’m still on the hunt for a 5.7-6.2l for my swap. But all of that takes money. Lol.

Are you one of the newer resident 80’s in the Skagit / Anacortes area?

I’m the armored-out black one on 4” & 35’s - That or I wave at the local 80’s from an obnoxious black lifted / armored crewcab too. Looks like a total ‘bro truck’ :hillbilly:

I’ve seen easily 3 new ones to the Valley in the last ~18mo, all lighter colors 80/450’s.

I’m the armored-out black one on 4” & 35’s - That or I wave at the local 80’s from an obnoxious black lifted / armored crewcab too. Looks like a total ‘bro truck’ :hillbilly:

I’ve seen easily 3 new ones to the Valley in the last ~18mo, all lighter colors 80/450’s.
No sir! I'm down in snohomish county near everett there are plenty of 80s around me as well. :cheers:

Me neither. I’m in Maple Valley abs mine looks stock currently. Just collecting money to do the expensive work. Swap etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom