Well Damn..I need a new Carb! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NYIronPig

YES I have a problem...
SILVER Star
Threads
The Trollhole that my 72 FJ40 came with is crapping out. I know all my options here and am facing the facts that I need to just get @65swb45 or @FJ40Jim to rebuild me an OEM Aisan 71-72 carb. Problem is, I have no core for him to rebuild. Anyone have or know where I can get a good core to have rebuilt? So many summer days left I want to enjoy!

IMG_1398.jpg

I will pm u my paypal...shipped to marksoffroad? Or u want to lay your grubby hands on it first?

Send to Mark please so he can work his magic! thank you! Huge help here for my FJ40!

What kme closed? We have bunch of their crappy fire engines....

Glad to help nypig, you are funding new bearings for my f engine

@NYIronPig , make sure mark is in the loop. I don't wanna piss him off, he's my source...hopefully he chimes in and can verify the carb fitment\use.

Side note- I call them aisin, but I swear it says aisan...I never noticed.

@NYIronPig , make sure mark is in the loop. I don't wanna piss him off, he's my source...hopefully he chimes in and can verify the carb fitment\use.

Side note- I call them aisin, but I swear it says aisan...I never noticed.
Calling Mark today. I spoke to him yesterday and said I would find a carb to send him. He told me 3 weeks to rebuild once received.

@65swb45 just left you a VM Mark. Carb headed your way for your magic rebuild! Thx, Casey

👍🏻

Casey, I just had a minute to open the box. While there was SOME padding in the box, the carb was still pretty loose in the box. And it shows. The vacuum tube on the secondary bore is broken off; it’s a fresh break.☹️The port on the Throttle positioner is bent over. And the bellcrank where the accelerator cable attaches is bent (unsure how it got that way) I will probably be ready to start on it at the beginning of next week. So we should talk.
CB623476-D59E-4467-9775-A542AC0F09EA.jpeg

Last edited:
Casey, I just had a minute to open the box. While there was SOME padding in the box, the carb was st pretty loose in the box. And it shows. The vacuum tube on the secondary bore is broken off; it’s a fresh break.☹️The port on the Throttle positioner is bent over. And the bellcrank where the accelerator cable attaches is bent (unsure how it got that way) I will probably be ready to start on it at the beginning of next week. So we should talk.View attachment 3084307
Well damn! That is not good…. Call me any time and we can chat. Keen to get this one mint any way possible! Hoping a master like you has the needed parts to repair!

Sorry brother, I wrapped it in bubble wrap. There's 100 $ insurance on it. Will contact usps.

1. Have you ever dealt with USPS on a claim? :banghead:
2. My wife says they’re h*ll to deal with. She says it’s partially because of how many people ship broken merchandise planning to game the system (fraud) 🖕
3. I probably won’t be able to touch the carb until the ‘investigation’ is concluded.🤦🏻
4. Based on how our claim went with FedEx 3 years ago (last time she let me pack a box) they will just say it was insufficient packing and deny the claim.☹️

1. Have you ever dealt with USPS on a claim? :banghead:
2. My wife says they’re h*ll to deal with. She says it’s partially because of how many people ship broken merchandise planning to game the system (fraud) 🖕
3. I probably won’t be able to touch the carb until the ‘investigation’ is concluded.🤦🏻
4. Based on how our claim went with FedEx 3 years ago (last time she let me pack a box) they will just say it was insufficient packing and deny the claim.☹️
No need to wait on any claim to get started! They will not be paying anything and $100 is not worth the delay for me to get a new carb built on your timeframe @65swb45 !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom