1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, a huge change for me...

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Jukelemon, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Jukelemon

Jukelemon

I am selling/have sold my last Harley..my beloved 1968 FL. :'( I have come to the conclusion that two kids and the many chores and psych sessions that come with marriage leave me little time to ride anymore. I have owned Harleys/rebuilt Harleys since I was a boy with my Dad. I purchased my 40 as, sorry to say, a consolation for the inevitable selling of my 68. I never thought I would enjoy the vehicle as much or enjoy the dialogue of this board. To that point I am missing the idea of not having two wheels in my garage less and less and I find the work on this 40 to be, well, as fulfilling. AND I will still be able to feel the fresh open air in it. A big plus for me. So, off it goes this weekend to another home. She will be missed. Coincidentally, the 40 and my 68 are very close in color :D
    Funny how that happens. Thanks again for all your help. Look forward to getting this baby back to life! The good life that is.

2. Jukelemon

Jukelemon

Oh, for clarification, it might sound as if I was saying something negative about the board at first, not the case. I meant it as I never thought I would like the board so much as in what a great surprise.

3. burnt03

burnt03

That sucks man.

On the bright side, you can always fold the 40's windshield down and hit the highway. Won't be able to split lanes, but you should get enough bugs in your teeth to bring back the good memories :D

4. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    TECH TECH TECH TECH TECH TECH TECH TECH

5. Jukelemon

Jukelemon

They have medication for ticks you know. Sorry Poser, I will think better next time.

6. needamod

needamod

Media:
    Albums:
    having a family is a big sacrifice. It sounds like you have your priorities right. I also have two kids and my wife stays home with them. Lets just say I don't have alot of the toys I want but it is sooooo worth it!!
    take care,
    Brent

7. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    I'd say compromise rather than sacrifice. Not having a family is a compromise, too!

8. tewlman

tewlman

sorry to hear of your loss juke. sold my bike 3 yrs ago, first year after i sold it was no prob, next year still not so bad but starting to get itch. was hoping to build bike this winter, but started unexpected cruiser rebuild, now i really dont have time to think about it. maybe next winter....

we need to turn this chitchat around so, hows the alum tub project going? if you need some help lift bodies on or off give me a call, ill try to help.

9. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
  10. Romer

Romer fatherofdaughterofromer Moderator

Thanks Steve. We know you will keep us straight when we are straying from tech. Dave will remind us when our Bezel is upside down and Junk will remind us when have been living in the poltically correct world too long.

Oh and don't forget that tozer and lowertide will let us know when the surf is up. And Landpimp will be able to solve just about any technical problem on any cruiser.

We feel your pain!

11. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    At least there is some consistancy in this world.

:D