Weld Nuts On Floor Of 1976 FJ40 For Bottle Jack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ackcruisers

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m planning to install either rivnuts or weld nuts to floor area for my bottle jack mount. I’m leaning towards steel rivnuts since the jack will have a minimal load plus the surface is already painted . Below is image of my floor in blue. The tan images are from another truck for orientation. Based on the floor indentations, it appears the rivnuts will go in center on underside. Has anyone installed the mounting bracket on a new floor? Any suggestions on a decent rivnut tool for this job?
80F47D84-BB6F-4428-8A04-529DCBB8D026.jpeg

CAA69254-D8F7-4045-A0F2-08A039B89C78.jpeg

291CC4CC-8405-4BA9-BD16-B721E3790198.jpeg

5725C540-4A70-4280-A258-BCB694846A29.jpeg

Last edited:
As another option, you could always just drill the needed holes and use stainless bolts and nuts to hold everything in place.

Thanks. What a great deal. I just bought one along with the rivet nut set. This tool will come in handy. Looking forward to trying it out. I really wanted to buy the one featured in the below video but the price tag is quite a bit more.

The indentations are for the hold down strap for the tool bag the other small spot that doesn't look like it has indentations is for the bottle jack. See picture
View attachment 2231111
This is super helpful. Thank you for posting the exact set up. I have the brackets for the tool hold down strap/bag. Once I’m finished installing with the rivet nuts, I’ll post pictures and measurement.

This is super helpful. Thank you for posting the exact set up. I have the brackets for the tool hold down strap/bag. Once I’m finished installing with the rivet nuts, I’ll post pictures and measurement.
No problem, a picture is worth 1000 words and can be more helpful sometimes.

Don’t want to hijack this post but I don’t have any of the tool bag tie down brackets, the tie down strap or the tool bag. Are the brackets and strap available anywhere? Howabout the tool bag and what tool came in the bag? Thanks for any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom