Welcome to Veterans' Highway! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New to the site after buying my son’s 1997 4Runner to be my fishing/mild off reading truck. Served 20 years in the Air Force, and moving soon from Illinois to upstate South Carolina.

this is my diamond in the rough:

EBB6BDB5-326D-45DA-8227-BE41C11EE493.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi @zcostilla , welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service. I would expect less snow and more mud in your future.

Larry in El Paso

Hey everyone. I’m Scott, served four years in the Marine Corps. First pic is Okinawa Japan 2001, second one is in Baghdad 2003.
D0DAC710-8AA3-44C1-B96F-CB78CC7119EA.jpeg

53121F84-8683-4DAA-B4BF-D4BE70F69DAF.jpeg

I’ve had several Toyotas over the years, and two Cruisers. My first one was when we lived in Africa. 1994 KZJ78 Prado.
6CC5B608-213F-47D2-8DB1-781E02BD986B.jpeg

My current cruiser is a 1999 UZJ100.
25616EC5-BB4F-42F3-81D4-CB25AF043A31.jpeg

Hi Scott. Welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service. Nice pics.

Larry in El Paso

Hey everyone. I’m Scott, served four years in the Marine Corps. First pic is Okinawa Japan 2001, second one is in Baghdad 2003.
View attachment 2248613
View attachment 2248612

I’ve had several Toyotas over the years, and two Cruisers. My first one was when we lived in Africa. 1994 KZJ78 Prado.
View attachment 2248625

View attachment 2248629
Welcome to the Mudness. Semper Fi and thank you from another Devil Dog. 3 1/2 year tour of Okinawa as part of the Far East Contingency Force. I was permanent personnel. Hunting NPA in the PI for a week every month and Gulf War Veteran (TF Grizzlie orGrizzly). but it doesn't matter, we are never mentioned. I was a grunt, in fact I still am. :) I started as an FO but that changed fast.

Again, thank you for your service. S/F brother.

Last edited:
Welcome @zcostilla and Scott. Nice trucks and photos. Thanks for your service guys.

Welcome to the highway Billy @05CTD , thanks for your service. No pictures means it didn't happen. :)

Larry in El Paso

Welcome Billy @05CTD This is a great place with lots bright folks.

@zcostilla @BuckarooBanzai @05CTD

Welcome to the Highway, guys!!

Love your stories, your pictures and your resolve to stand up for our country!!

It’s always great to see more Air Force representation on here... but, new Marine representation is good as well!!

@UltraFJ40

I hope you’re fully recovered by now... and living large!!
Thank you Solace, I am nearly recovered from most things and still living a humble yet good life.

I was just speaking with a fellow that spent 20+ years in the Navy, I mentioned you and he said that he was impressed by your service as it probably wasn't an easy road. I too should say thank you and to all of the other men & women that serve(d) our great nation.

🍻

Thank you Solace, I am nearly recovered from most things and still living a humble yet good life.

I was just speaking with a fellow that spent 20+ years in the Navy, I mentioned you and he said that he was impressed by your service as it probably wasn't an easy road. I too should say thank you and to all of the other men & women that serve(d) our great nation.

🍻

Back at ya!!

Great to hear you’re getting there, keep at it... life is best when one is living it.

You’ve passed a hard test... and will find you are better for it.

Thanks for thinking of me... I was AF for just over 20 years... I retired over 30 years ago... there are so many others who sacrificed SO much more than me.

I’m hoping to see the end of these perpetual wars before my life is over... but, it don’t look promising.

Semper fi, mi amigo!!

Back at ya!!

Great to hear you’re getting there, keep at it... life is best when one is living it.

You’ve passed a hard test... and will find you are better for it.

Thanks for thinking of me... I was AF for just over 20 years... I retired over 30 years ago... there are so many others who sacrificed SO much more than me.

I’m hoping to see the end of these perpetual wars before my life is over... but, it don’t look promising.

Semper fi, mi amigo!!
You keep doing the important stuff that matters most. Leave the stupid things for those of us that like to eat crayons. ;) You have sacrificed plenty enough for all of us. Keep up the good work, the end to this stupidity will never come but that doesn't mean that we can't fight it.

Cheers and Semper Fi brother.

View attachment 2248613
View attachment 2248612

View attachment 2248625

View attachment 2248629

Welcome brother. I was a 2141 myself. Just retired in January. Nice rigs.

Hi @paflytyer , welcome to the highway, thanks for your service.

Larry in El Paso

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom