Welcome to Veterans' Highway! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome Matt and thanks for your service!!

You are equally fortunate to have good looks and to have found a mentor in Jason... one of the truly good guys!!

Welcome Matt. There are a lot of good people on this forum who all share a common bond. Welding is a very good skill and Jason is sure to be an excellent mentor. Good Luck on picking up a 60.

Hey guys. Name's Pete, ANG for 7 years. I'm a ford guy through and through, but for a while now I've wanted to pick up a 70 series troopy. Here's the one that started it all, in Afghanistan. Currently living in the Denver Metro area of Colorado. I am bored out of my skull. I moved here from PA about a month ago to be with my fiancee and go back for another bachelor's degree. I miss having a shop and tools haha

ueqSPJq.jpg

Hi Pete, welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service. Not many 70 series in the states. Good luck finding one.

Larry in El Paso

Hi, my name is Saul and I’m officially posting here although I’ve been in the army for about 10 years now.

I recently got back from Qatar but I have also been deployed to Afghanistan where I was an IED finder (truck driver), not a great joke. I guess that’s military humor. I’m still currently serving and I am now a Staff Sergeant in the 2668TC out of Orville.

I’m married and have one four year old boy who is a blast. He had delayed speech and we found out he was on the spectrum. After a couple years of work with therapy he is speaking and won’t be quite, lol. I encourage everyone that have children with disabilities to be patient and help is out there. Part of the therapy is teaching the parents how to teach. I can share more of that if anyone is interested but he’d doing great today.

I started my affair with cruisers when I was looking for an early 90s Toyota pickup. I came across an 85’ fj60 in an Autotrader. Back when the inter-web was not what it was today. I’ve had it forever but read articles of fj140 builds. I picked up an 80 series two years ago and have been going through it thoroughly. By next year I plan to remove the 80 body and start the fab work on the chassis. Wish me luck.

I’ve been through some bad times and know what it’s like to be pretty down. If any vet needs someone to talk to they can always reach out to military one source but if you'd need to chat my number is (562) 454-6712

Thanks for allowing me to post here and I look forward to many more years to come here on mud.

4267C8DE-46D8-44BF-AE03-7CE324BA142F.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Saul, welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service. Your sense of humor is typical and understood. I once thought I was a bent an twisted deviant deranged individual but know I'm just one of the crowd. At times it does help to be twisted and deranged. :)

Larry in El Paso

Hey guys. Name's Pete, ANG for 7 years. I'm a ford guy through and through, but for a while now I've wanted to pick up a 70 series troopy. Here's the one that started it all, in Afghanistan. Currently living in the Denver Metro area of Colorado. I am bored out of my skull. I moved here from PA about a month ago to be with my fiancee and go back for another bachelor's degree. I miss having a shop and tools haha

ueqSPJq.jpg

I remember seeing the troopys in Afghanistan but I couldn’t believe the shocking amount of 200s in qatar. It’s as though 75% of the Qataris drove them.

Hi Saul, welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service. Your sense of humor is typical and understood. I once thought I was a bent an twisted deviant deranged individual but know I'm just one of the crowd. At times it does help to be twisted and deranged. :)

Larry in El Paso

Thanks Larry, I concur. I think Jordan Peterson said it best.

“If you're harmless you're not virtuous, you're just harmless, you're like a rabbit; a rabbit isn't virtuous, it just can't do anything except get eaten! ... If you're a monster, and you don't act monstrously, then you're virtuous”.

Howdy. I been lurking here for a long time, but haven't really posted anything until recently. My name is Dmitriy and I am currently approaching 19 years in AF. Currently stationed in Ft Belvoir, I swear this place has more AF and Navy than Army.

Hi Dmitriy, welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service. There is a little from every branch. It would be interesting to see where the statistics say.

Larry in El Paso

Late to the party but, welcome Pete, Saul, and Dmitriy. Thanks for your service and hope you enjoy the comradeship on the Mud fourm.

Hi Dmitriy, welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service. There is a little from every branch. It would be interesting to see where the statistics say.

Larry in El Paso
Hey Larry, I apologize for the confusion. I was talking about Ft Belvoir and how it is skimpy on actual Army personnel.

Hey there everyone. I'm Dave, retired Navy, currently following my wife around waiting for her to retire from the Navy. We are currently in Lemoore, Ca and I just (literally 2 days ago) picked up a 95 80 series. I have previously had a 40 and a 60. Just wanted to hop on and say Hi and wish everyone well.

20200216_184543.jpg

Hi Dave. Welcome to the highway, thanks for your service. Where would you like to end up?

Larry in El Paso

Welcome Dave, nice 80. Thanks for your service.

Well, already made a thread in the highway so I might as well post here too. My names Mark, and still currently serving...well at least for another 3-4 years. Currently in the Pine Belt, but looking forward to heading back to Show Low, Az.
AC657DDE-E081-4A76-90CE-A9BF2045CD17.jpeg
C0CCA645-1866-47EF-8863-399D71FE32C4.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Mark. Welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service. Good looking truck.

Larry in El Paso

Welcome Mark, Nice fish and truck.

Hi, my name is Saul and I’m officially posting here although I’ve been in the army for about 10 years now.

Welcome Saul, and thank you for making yourself available to others.

Hey there everyone. I'm Dave, retired Navy, currently following my wife around waiting for her to retire from the Navy. We are currently in Lemoore, Ca and I just (literally 2 days ago) picked up a 95 80 series. I have previously had a 40 and a 60. Just wanted to hop on and say Hi and wish everyone well.

View attachment 2213785

Welcome.
Lemoore is a hop skip and a jump from here. Someone stationed there was in a 4WD club I used to belong to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom