Welcome to the Southern Nevada Landcruisers! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i am wondering where i can pickup a SNLC sticker? anybody have any ideas??

Steve has them, so at a club meeting or if you ask him to bring some on a club run.

Old timer

[FONT=&quot]Hi![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My name is David Reed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am the original Sargeant-At-Arms of the Club. I was a member from the beginning in 1976 and 1977.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Back when we had our weekly meetings at the Pizza Hut (?) on the corner of Eastern and D.I.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I was browsing the web for info on FJ40’s to show a friend and came this site.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mine was an original green 1971 Bobtail, powered by a 327 Chevy, Muncie 4-speed, Lakewood scatter-shield, heavy Chevy flywheel and clutch, Advance Adaptors engine mounts, custom support on the output side of the transfer case, Advance adaptors between the tranny and transfer case and drivelines by the shop on Spring Mountain Rd. (can’t remember their name). Tires were Armstrong Tru-Tracs. Yeah, it was a tough truck. Lots of fun out at Dumont Dunes, for sure.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It was in a 4 Wheeler Mag [/FONT][FONT=&quot]photo spread/[/FONT][FONT=&quot]write-up about an event we sponsored for the Big Brothers organization in 1977.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When I retire I hope to build one the way I REALLY wanted to back then.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Take care,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]David Reed [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](Retired, I.A.T.S.E., Las Vegas Stagehands, Local 720)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Marshfield, Missouri[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]417-576-5143[/FONT]

What up wheelers. I'm new to mud but no stranger to southern Nv off road. Have a 2008 Fj loaded and buying a land cruiser in the next few weeks. Looking for advice. Want a daily driver and something to tinker on in the garage. Thinking simple (I6 4 speed no ECM I like a distributer with points in it)

What up wheelers. I'm new to mud but no stranger to southern Nv off road. Have a 2008 Fj loaded and buying a land cruiser in the next few weeks. Looking for advice. Want a daily driver and something to tinker on in the garage. Thinking simple (I6 4 speed no ECM I like a distributer with points in it)

Get an FJ60. Still cheap, comes stock with p/s, front discs and a/c. Smog from hell though. Lots of aftermarket still available. Proably the last of the REAL Landcruisers.

Western States Trip

Hey all,
Just got back from a Western States trip with my buddy. The focus of the trip was Moab, but they had so much snow and ice you couldn't run any trails. We spent the night looking for offroad areas and found your chapter associated with Logandale. They have some serious obstacles. We were there for just a day, or would have tried to get some other yotas out there, but nice to know there is fun stuff in Nevada. I am from Oregon, we have some, but almost 70 degrees in the dead of winter riding trails is hard to beat, that's almost better than our summers. It was fun to wheel in your neck of the woods.
-Armand

western us trip dec 13-jan 14 122.jpg

western us trip dec 13-jan 14 128.jpg

Is this club still active?
I'm looking for other cruiser heads, and trying to get the low down on good shops in the greater las vegas area.
If anyone knows of any let me know!

Cheers,
Ryan

What work do you need done?

Yes the group is still active and does runs. What's your email I'll pass it on. My cruiser is down so I am not 100% active. And I am leavening the valley in a few months.

Hi All

New owner of a 84 fj60 in LV. Just trying to connect with others in the area.

Andy

Hi - also an 84 FJ60 owner in LV - I tried messaging the SNLC facebook page a few times now with no response. The website is no longer alive either. What's a landcruiser owner in Vegas to do? Do I need to start my own club or something? Seems like there's a bunch of us here in town that could use some landcruiser friends.

Anyone?

I'll get the presidents email up for you guys.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry about the lack of a meeting last month. I was out of town and forgot all about it. So try to join us for our September, 2015 meeting on Wednesday, September 9, 2015.

Meeting at the IHOP on Rainbow near Spring Mountain. Dinner at 6:30 PM and the meeting will start at 7:30 PM. Hope to see you there.

Steven Syzdek
702-726-1007
Steven Syzdek <ssyzdek@gmail.com>

Good to see the club's still active - we've been gone for almost 30 years now, but we've still got the "Cadillac" ('84 FJ60). It's got company - a '71 FJ40, a '76 FJ40, and an '89 FJ62 (3FE, axles, etc. soon to be moved over to the '86 FJ60).

The first club meeting we went to was at Shakey's Pizza on Boulder Highway, a very long time ago now. Enjoyed many club runs and trips, including some multi-day trips: Pigeon Canyon, Black Rock Mountain, White's Cabin, Burro Wash, and Death Valley (the best time we had on the trip was the drive from Baker to Death Valley, through what we discovered was the Fort Irwin Military Reservation, during live fire exercises - first time I'd seen a line-up of M1 Abrams tanks up close and personal - and the A-6E Intruder that flew in low to check things out after we missed the turnoff north towards Avawatz Pass). And of course the annual Glitter Gulch Gambols.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom