Welcome to the Family - 94 FZJ 80

Website
www.lionsridge.com
The Toyota Tattoo is probably not far off... Recently I added this Cruiser to our family. It joins the 76FJ40 and the 2007 Sienna (F.amily U.tility V.ehicle) as the new DD for me and the future of lots of family car camping.

The yet un-named cruiser was purchased from a 2nd short term owner, the Original Owner had OME 2.5 and ARB w/ Warn 9.5 installed professionally. PHH looks to have been replaced at some point (standard hose clamps on aftermarket hose). No leaks, slighty oozy PS side Birf , broken trip odometer, and crakced PS Front flare. A few dings and one rust spot under the rear window trim. Drives great, got 12 mpg on the first tank. CEL light is on and PO records show the dealership ID'd a O2 sensor issue. Oh, 190k on the odo.
ForumRunner_20120601_182029.jpg

First step.... De Flared, holes plug with rubber caps. Tires and wheels stolen off the 40 so I can refinish the stock wheels and get new treads. If life slows down and the weather dries out I'll bedline the lower quarter. Any opinions on product or color for the flares and lower quarter? Also on the list is a rear bumper build, (4x4lab or other?), rear cargo drawers, CDL switch and Pin 7 Mod, Dual battery, and some accessory outlets in the rear. It will be slow, but it will be built....

ForumRunner_20120601_182041.jpg
ForumRunner_20120601_182029.jpg
ForumRunner_20120601_182041.jpg

6M1 ftw!

I'm so torn about flares vs. flareless... I have to make that choice soon on mine. Thanks for the comparison pics.

I'm planning on just going black bed liner down low and on the flares.
And Welcome to it!

Nice truck, and Welcome ! I'm flareless and deciding which way to go filling the holes. I plan on lining with a colored material, mine is the sage green.:steer:

Website
www.lionsridge.com
FJFOOL said:
Nice truck, and Welcome ! I'm flareless and deciding which way to go filling the holes. I plan on lining with a colored material, mine is the sage green.:steer:

I am not sure about how to fill those holes too. I own a welder but have never done body work. Maybe a boogered weld is still better than metal tape? Any real world examples out there?

Delancy

SILVER Star
ryanundertrees said:
I am not sure about how to fill those holes too. I own a welder but have never done body work. Maybe a boogered weld is still better than metal tape? Any real world examples out there?

The detraction to welding, as it's been explained to me, is the need to expose the weld and treat from the inside to prevent rust.

Not a big deal, unless there's 162 holes to weld and treat (LX450) some of which aren't accessible from the interior of the sheet metal.

Website
www.lionsridge.com
hoedodger said:
how does the arb ft look without the flares could you get a picture of the overhang?

The corner of the arb does not stick out far beyond my 235/85R16, but it does stick out. Hard to measure, but I'd say 2 inches past the body and 1 inch past the tire.

ForumRunner_20120613_133250.jpg
ForumRunner_20120613_133250.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom