Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OGBeno

23303-56040
GOLD Star
Threads
Hello All:

I'm one of your new moderators here in the 200 section of IH8MUD.com which is, ostensibly, the world largest and most important internet-based repository of LC knowledge and community.

I am a devoted Cruiser Head and own a number of running and non-running Cruisers.

My main goal in the 200 series section is difficult to declare in any manner that might not come across as being overly "cautious". I say this due to the contentious nature of discussion--historically--between those whom own 200 series Cruisers (in all of their variations) and those who do not and maybe are here to get information, to see what the 200 series is all about, or other non-technical pursuits. There has been, as we all well know, significant amounts of mis-information and dis-information that has been posted here and represented as "bona fide technical information" about these vehicles that have become evident and apparent as being not only false but, using internet terminology, "troll-like behaviour."

This forum will continue to be an important area of technical information and knowledge. I want this section to be an informative area where those whom own the 200 can share tech tips, issues, modifications, upgrades, etc., without feeling like someone will come in and bash their vehicle and it's value to that individual. This location will also serve as an important location for those folks looking at the 200 series to add to their collection of Land Cruisers (perhaps) or if they are a first-time purchaser of a Toyota Land Cruiser, for this location to reflect the important heritage and history of this iconic vehicle.

I am quite serious about this as I want to make this sub section just as important as the other subsections here on MUD that are at the tops of internet web searching hits and rankings. I want people to come to MUD to discuss, research, and share their information and love of the 200 series variant of the Toyota Land Cruiser.

With that all being said, I hope that this location will suit many of the needs of 200 series owners and potential owners in the future; I hope this location will provide valuable information through experience and knowledge; I hope this location will be a place to share and discuss and commune.

If you have any issues, feel free to contact me via PM or email. I'll be happy to address any concerns members might have with interaction that goes on in the 200 section.

With Best Regards,
-onur
0129011725.jpg

Last edited:
Thanx for stepping up, Onur. We support you.

Mark

Beno- did you buy a 200? Is that your 200 pictured?

Hi Onur,
My name is Nikolay. I own LC200 diesel made 2008. I'm looking for advice how to use other software/maps on the original navigation. For my country (Bulgaria) maps are terrible (we use cyrilic alphabet), paid and no actual updates. And from the official dealer they ask prices for software like for a separate 5' Garmin.
I have the original 4 DVD's for the navigation.
Do you know someone who could crack this device?
Thank you!
Best regards,
Nikolay

Great Initiative Beno...
so how about some one cracks the mystery I posted here with regards to 2012 LC200 45L subtank. I haven't received any satisfactory response from Long Ranger, other than the usual sales statement, i.e. we fitted many and it works.. with an attached installation pdf of 2011 models.... I'm pondering over to order the 180L TR68L but if anyone knows a better alternate - please suggest !

New To Forum - HI

G'day
I am new to forums in general - normally I just surf the web, but I like what I see and read on here so I thought I'd join up as I have not long purchased the 200 - LOVE IT - I enjoy 4wD'ing and intend over a period of time modding my machine.

Sorry if this is not the correct area to put this information in - but I could not find a "new user how to area" if there is one - please be so kind as to point me there or answer my questions.:D

1. How do I add a garage - it is not in my "User CP" as per the DTO garage plus help says.
2. How do I add a picture to my profile so it comes up when I post.

Cheers:cheers:

G'day
I am new to forums in general - normally I just surf the web, but I like what I see and read on here so I thought I'd join up as I have not long purchased the 200 - LOVE IT - I enjoy 4wD'ing and intend over a period of time modding my machine.

Sorry if this is not the correct area to put this information in - but I could not find a "new user how to area" if there is one - please be so kind as to point me there or answer my questions.:D

1. How do I add a garage - it is not in my "User CP" as per the DTO garage plus help says.
2. How do I add a picture to my profile so it comes up when I post.

Cheers:cheers:

Welcome. :cheers:

The pic in your profile, IIRC, is allowed after ten posts.

Not sure about the garage-- you might need to be a paying member for that which I wholeheartedly recommend. This site is a wealth of information and your subscription payment usually more than always pays itself back with the amount of information you are able to get from MUD.

Best regards
Onur

Welcome. :cheers:

The pic in your profile, IIRC, is allowed after ten posts.

Not sure about the garage-- you might need to be a paying member for that which I wholeheartedly recommend. This site is a wealth of information and your subscription payment usually more than always pays itself back with the amount of information you are able to get from MUD.

Best regards
Onur

Cheers and thanks for the info.. appreciated.

Howdy everyone. I have lurked for a long time and decided to say hi and try and contribute how I can.

I am the proud owner of an 08 LC and love wheeling and the outdoors. Lots of mods planned in the future as time allows. I have read all 60+ pages of posts and look forward to sharing pics, laughs and tech info with everyone.

Later,

Tim

She tows as well. Here is an 8000# load.

Last edited:
Hi guys

I am new to this site and also to owning my 08 Landcruiser. Previously a Patrol man. In the near future I too am planning on different mods and upgrades to get more out of my girl. Here in Australia we only have the 2 engine options: 4.7 litre petrol and 4.5 twin turbo diesel V8's. I have the petrol. It goes well, but I wouldn't mind a bit more out of her. I look forward to learning all I can out of some of the guys and girls from this site that have already probably done what I want to do. And maybe I can supply some learning outcomes for others along the way.

Hello All,

This is my first post on MUD, although I signed up last year when I purchased my 08 LC200. I'm very grateful for this site and all of those that help make it a great resource. My rig is stock currently. I am waiting on some goodies to ship / arrive: Icon 2.5 CDC F / CO, SPC UCA's, rear 2.5 with CDC along with OME rear springs and Icon lower arms. I'm tracking others experiences with tire size and wheels options to assist me in next my purchase.
Just want to get my post in and hopefully add some photos once my upgrades are installed and looking good. Ive had various 4x4's in the past years but I have finally obtained my favorite rig. I Look forward to being a part of this group.

Thanks

Hello All,

This is my first post on MUD, although I signed up last year when I purchased my 08 LC200. I'm very grateful for this site and all of those that help make it a great resource. My rig is stock currently. I am waiting on some goodies to ship / arrive: Icon 2.5 CDC F / CO, SPC UCA's, rear 2.5 with CDC along with OME rear springs and Icon lower arms. I'm tracking others experiences with tire size and wheels options to assist me in next my purchase.
Just want to get my post in and hopefully add some photos once my upgrades are installed and looking good. Ive had various 4x4's in the past years but I have finally obtained my favorite rig. I Look forward to being a part of this group.

Thanks

Welcome to the obsession. I just picked up a 200 as well and plan on selling my lifted and locked clean 80 to fund modifying my new cruiser.

Good Luck. Deciding on a tire size seems to be one of the most talked about and over thought items in the process across all off-road boards. First decide on wheels and offset. I went with 18" w/25mm offset and mounted the AT/2 @275s.

Also, watch those 722 springs, i have found them to be much stiffer than stock and sometimes too stiff.

I have learned that +25mm offset is ideal when going with 9" wide rim for either Tundra, Land Cruiser or Sequoia. It reduces the rubbing on plus size tires. Again watch out for tire width that goes with on the 9" wide rims. It is always good to consult with the local tire shop for fitment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom