Welcome to our Corner: Introduce Yourself (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Welcome to the clubhouse corner or Edmonton area Mud members. Woody waved his magic wand, and here we are. I'll try to get some ideas together for some useful threads over the next couple days (area rigs, suggestions for a regular get together, community involvement, etc.), feel free to start your own too.

I suppose the first order of business is to introduce ourselves, and get to know each other. This is an informal club, so don't be shy.

Look forward to meeting you all.
:cheers:
Test....

Last edited:
Lance here.

Originaly from the scenic city of Regina Saskatchewan, but left there pretty much as soon as I could. Spent a couple years in the Okanagan then ended up moving to Edmonton to do my graduate work. Still here I guess.

I am trained as a forest ecologist but am currently self employed in the construction industry, for now.

Bought my first cruiser (HJ60) about 5 years ago. It's been a good truck, but the rust got to me. Decided to put my money into a rust free vehicle instead so I recently purchased a BJ74 from another member here on mud. Great little truck, especially off road, but I have to admit I miss driving the 60...

Besides working, landcruisers and spending time with my 2yo daughter I am involved with the local Search and Rescue group.

87 HJ60 auto 475k km
85 BJ74 LHD

Greetings from my part of the frozen north :beer:. I have been a cruiserhead since 92 when I purchased my first BJ 40. Sadly it was destroyed by a drunk driver in 95, which is when I got my 73 FJ 40 which is hopefully going to be ready this summer ( fingers crossed ). I also recently aquired a 1952 Willys wagon, gonna be sweet when it's done, hopefully in my lifetime.

I currently work for an oilfield service company as a senior field supervisor throughout northern AB and BC, and sometimes the US.

I know there are more Cruisers here in GP but If they are on Mud I don't know them.

Chris.

Well I live in Red Deer grew up on a farm near Bashaw. I dragged my Cruisers out of a bush when I was 14. And still none of them are together. I keep hoping to have then done soon, but now have no idea when they will be done the way I want. Time and money are the factors here. I'm a soon to be journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic. And thats about it. If anyone is interested in runs out in the Rocky area I know the trails fairly well.

John

Hey
I got into Toyotas back in the late seventies. Sort of makes me sound old. I've had a couple of FJ40s and a few trucks and loved then all for different reasons. Driving a FJ Cruiser now but won't know if I like it for about another 7-10 years. If it lasts 10 years then it will be a good truck. Work keeps me off the trails for the winter but not in the summer.
Hope to see you on the trails in the future
Greg Lacroix

intro

Hey,
I'm James. I just got into landcruisers a couple of years ago when my buddy (northern61- who is currently selling his) got his. After I got mine (i imported it myself from Japan) i was mad. mad that i missed out for so many years not having one!

I spend my days corrupting the minds of tomorrow (i am a teacher) and my nights lurking on mud (to the chagrin of my wife)

looking forward to wing and beer night to meet and see all the other cruisers in Edmonton. I must admit, when driving i spend half my time looking for other cruisers. lately i've been seeing lots of 80 series on my end of town and one brown 81 series i see almost every other day. rarely do i see another 61.

Intro

Hello,
I am Gavin Shafer, I currently live in St. Albert. I purchased my FJ40 back in 1992. I used it as a daily driver for many years. Lately it has been parked but i have found a renewed interest in restoring it. I am planning on drawing a complete version of it in Solidworks. If anyone has any completed drawings of any components they are interested in sharing I would really appreciate the help.
Thanks,
Gavin

Hi All,

My name is Wes Graves and I live about an hour west of Edmonton (near Darwell for those of you that know that area).

I'm currently a self-employed computer contractor who works from home.

I have a 1991 HDJ81 series plus a 1989 Hilux pickup, 1990, Hilux surf (for sale), 1991 Corolla/Carib and a 198x center steer skid steer (Toyota believe it or not). :)

In my "spare" time I'm a member of the Darwell District Volunteer Fire Department which keeps me quite busy and often quite tired.

Wes

Hey guys,

I'm Daryl. I currently live in Kelowna but was born and raised in Edmonton and spent 27 years there. I'm really glad to see a group forming in Edmonton. A few of us had tried to start something going many years ago, but it never really went past the occasional wing night. Starting a group here was a great idea Curtis!

I got into Cruisers in 2001 when I bought a Freeborn Red 78FJ40. I didn't know much about cruisers at the time so I paid a bit too much for it but it was great for learning how to wheel and how to fix things!

My DD is a 1987 HJ61 which now has just over 360K on it. I bought it from G & S in 2003 and have put over 150k on it. It's been to Surf and Turf (twice), Death Valley, Vegas, etc. I've also got a blue 78 BJ40 which I like to call 'the pretty one' due to it's condition.

I come back to Edmonton on a regular basis so it would be great to meet up for beers, wings, or whatever!

Cheers!

Hey guys.
I'm Karol. I've lived in Edmonton for almost my entire life, but born in West Germany back in the day.
I am currently in the Nursing at Grant MacEwan college.
I purchased my first cruiser in 2006, which I admit was overpriced, but it's been a steady learning curve since then. It's been hard being a student, and a growing adult with such a great addiction. I've wheeled my cruiser in Whitecourt, AB Safari Park & then drove it all the way up to Alaska to wheel with Mark Whatley.
I try to wave at every cruiser on the road, hope to meet you guys.
cheers

hi guys, my name is eric. i moved here about a year ago, working on a refrigeration mechanics apprenticeship. bought my first cruiser about 5 years ago... drove it almost to death.
looking forward to doing a road trip south(the farther the better).
that's why i got the cruiser.
anyway looking forward to meeting you guys, and some trail rides...
got lots of projects and little money.
looking forward to spare parts swap, it's all about the spare parts.

Hey Eric,

What color is your 55? I saw one about a month ago when I was drving to my in-laws on the north end. It was in really nice shape. It definately caught me off gaurd...

Lance

hey lance, my 55 is white/beige. not stock paint but it looks pretty nice. i'll bring it on the 13th. it's alot better than my 42 on winter roads.

Wow...getting to be a good group.

My name is Greg and I'm an Edmontonian, born and bred. I'm a landlord and do construction, mostly my own stuff. I caught the four-wheeling bug about 5 years ago and am currently a member of the Northern Alberta Four Wheel Drive Association.

While my main focus has been the '87 Jeep Grand Wagoneer that I've been working on for the past couple of years, and the '79 J20 that's up for sale now, I picked up a White '98 Land Cruiser 100 last year from Bellingham Washington and have been cruising ih8mud ever since. The LC is my daily driver and the most comfortable driving vehicle that I have ever had. I newbie-wheeled it a couple of months ago and it did fine with the central locking diff and rear electric locker, all stock. I've always wanted to get as FJ45 or 55 but I have to finish the Waggy first.

Hope to see you all on the trails.

Greg

Last edited:
Hi all,
My names Tyler Arnott and I'm orginally from Saskabush. Currently living in Fort McMurray working for, you guessed it, and oil company. I'm down to edmonton on a regular basis and would love to do some wheeling there. I'd also love to have a run up here sometime during the summer once I find an appropriate trail. My current set of wheel is an 87 HJ 60 thats in great shape. Back in sasky we have an 81 BJ 42 and a 76 FJ 45 with 23000 miles on it. the 45 is in great shape and will be restored some day....not sure when.

Can't wait to wheel...

Hi guys,

My name is Andrew and it is great to see a group on here for Edmontonians! I live on a farm south west of the city but work in Edmonton for an engineering firm.

I bought a BJ74 two and half years ago, it is my daily driver and I have never looked back. Before I bought the cruiser I had never even done an oil change on a vehicle and I am proud to say that thanks to mud I have done all the repairs and maintenance on it myself.

Look forward to getting to know some of you and picking your brains and chatting about cruisers. (my wife will be so happy to know that I have found a reason to surf mud even more :).

Andrew

David here,
Bought my cruiser from KKtrading directly more than 3 years ago and imported it myself. It's a 1990 HDH81 VX Limited. 2 tone burguny and grey. Its stock and with 31 BFG TKOs and is locked with a factory winch.

I'm on the north side and have been in Edmonton about 4 years. I'm orginally from Halifax.

I was one of the first around Edmonton running around with a HDJ81 that I know of. I don't really wheel much and that is why my truck is stock. I always meant to do more and build it up, but never seem to have the time. Also, my HDJ81 is my only vehicle and has been since I got it on the road here. I Iove the HDJ81s and would replace it tomorrow with another. My previous experience is a 22RE Runner, but I loved that old truck, but my cruiser is another league.

Welcome, if you get the parts together I could transform your cruiser in a weekend if your interested. Or if you want I could source some parts for you just tell me what you want to be able to do and I can build you a rig that will handle it and not be overkill just functional. Haha. You should come out on our next trail ride I should start figureing out a weekend to organize another run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom