Welcome nj85toy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all - i just found that this is where all the cruiser people hang out and i was wondering if anyone has some cruiser 9.5" 3rds or even a complete front axle around they would be interested in selling.

Thanks,
johnson

Hey all - i just found that this is where all the cruiser people hang out and i was wondering if anyone has some cruiser 9.5" 3rds or even a complete front axle around they would be interested in selling.

Thanks,
johnson

Is there a particular model front axle you're looking for (40, 55, 60 or 80 series)? I don't know enough about the gear size to know if 9.5" defines what series it would have been in.

Thanks,
johnson

Oh boy, fresh meat! Welcome nj85toy to our little slice of MUD.

Let's get a few things out of the way. :flipoff2: <--- the official MUD welcome salute. Also, you must, absolutely tell us what's in your stable, a little about you, and a few pics of your junk. You only have one post so MUD will limit you on how many pics you can attach. Or, you can use Photobucket, Flickr, or one of the other upload sites and link to the pics. Keep the size down, in the 800x600 range.

A couple of things on the request. The gearing on the diff is important to know (3.70, 4.10, 4.11, 4.56, 4.88, etc). Second, there are several flavors of front axle ... FJ40 (year might be important), FJ60/62, and FZJ80.

I hope MUD becomes as much of an addiction to you as it has to the rest of us. I'm assuming Land Cruisers already are.

On a business note, High Desert Cruisers will have it's monthly meeting this Saturday at 5pm, in ABQ. You are welcome to come. The meetings are very informal, and families are not only welcome but encouraged. One item I think will come up will be our annual Xmas tree run usually held the first or second weekend in Dec. This is one of our most infamous runs, especially if it snows, but it's also extremely fun.

Last edited:
Welcome:flipoff2:

You will come to find out that this is a good group, full of good info and advice.
Look forward to meeting you.
Daisy

wow! great! thanks for the extremely warm welcome! you don't see that on.....well...any other board.

I come from the world of mini trucks. i have an 85 that gone through quite a bit and Land Cruiser parts turns out to be my next stop in creating my perfect off-road truck.

I am looking for a fj60/62 front with the lowest gearing i can get but a common 4.10 is fine.

pic of my junk:
IMG00017.jpg

Thanks again for the welcome,
Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
wow! great! thanks for the extremely warm welcome! you don't see that on.....well...any other board.

I come from the world of mini trucks. i have an 85 that gone through quite a bit and Land Cruiser parts turns out to be my next stop in creating my perfect off-road truck.

I am looking for a fj60/62 front with the lowest gearing i can get but a common 4.10 is fine.

pic of my junk: http://www.degeneratewheelers.com/Media/IMG00017.jpg

Thanks again for the welcome,
Nick

If I remember correctly, stock ratio for an fj62 (1988 - 1990) is 4.11 while stock ratio for an fj60 (1988 - 1987) is 3.70.

Don't worry about having a mini-truck and not a Land Cruiser. Our only rule for membership is that you own a 4X4 Toyota with a 2-speed transfer case (no Highlanders or RAV-4s allowed)

Marc

As long as he keeps his 80 or Taco, it cancels that out. I wonder if he showed up to a club run in it if he'd get harrassed more than someone showing up in an 80 wrapped in heavy duty plastic wrap.

Nick

There is nothing wrong with mini's, or 1985s. Trust me, I know.

attachment.php

too bad you don't get that thing off road.:flipoff2:
looks great! the later FJ40 front is good (1976 and later). it came in 4.11 and disc brakes. the FJ60 one is a few inches wider. that's the only real difference besides the ratio.

nj85toy -

Nice truck! Bring it to the meeting tomorrow so we can check it out.

Also... :flipoff2: Welcome!

Evan

P.S. They're giving me grief about having a Highlander. Don't believe it - it's my wife's car. :princess:

- '93 FZJ80, lifted, locked, Slee'd and Hanna'd
- '93 Camry
- '00 Celica GT
- '06 Hybrid highlander
- '06 Tacoma 4X4 Double Cab V6 SR5

You put it in your sig line so that makes it yours. :D

How many vehicles do 2 people need anyway? :eek:

-Mike-

Evan, it was never my intention for you to get harrassed for owning a Highlander. Sorry. But since I know you and Mike are pretty good friends, I'll just sit back and enjoy the show.:popcorn:

Here's a pic of my old '85 4Runner:
4Runners.JPG

Of course that was before it was ripped off and found in Jon's neighborhood (Jon's always talking about his rigs getting broken in to).

Here are some "after" shots:

:crybaby:
4Runner guts.jpg
4Runner Stripped.jpg

-Mike-

I'm thinking a minimum of five, but Ellen seems to think a maximum of five. So there you have it - five is the answer!

It's always good to have a few spare vehicles. Yesterday, I was changing the oil in the Celica, and noticed that Ellen had a slow leak on a tire (nail). Then, the Cruiser was showing a leak on the front diff. So, that left the Camry for her to drive, and the Tacoma for me.

That was close - we almost needed six! :hmm:

Of course that was before it was ripped off and found in Jon's neighborhood (Jon's always talking about his rigs getting broken in to).

Here are some "after" shots:

:crybaby:

Too bad, Steve. I liked the "before" picture much better. That was a nice truck. I can imagine what it would like like now if you still owned it. Six inch lift and 37's.

I'm thinking a minimum of five, but Ellen seems to think a maximum of five. So there you have it - five is the answer!

:hmm:

I was thinking I had one-upped you with my count of 6 until I realized only 3 of mine run (most of the time), and the worst of your lot has a leaking tire.

It's always good to have a few spare vehicles. Yesterday, I was changing the oil in the Celica, and noticed that Ellen had a slow leak on a tire (nail). Then, the Cruiser was showing a leak on the front diff. So, that left the Camry for her to drive, and the Tacoma for me.

That was close - we almost needed six! :hmm:

wow. looks like you lucked out.

You put it in your sig line so that makes it yours. :D

-Mike-

Evan, Don't let Mike give you crap! I have my three toys (of crouse the 40 project) and my work truck all out in the drive way. I get asked what does someone living by himself need four trucks for, answer is because i can. One can never have to may "toys"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom