Welcome f*%#en home!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.flickr.com
So, as many know already, I've been out in Edmonton for over 3 weeks, freezing my ass off and working hard (no, not hardly working). This evening I finally got back home after an interesting drive back that decided to entertain me with snow storms, rain storms, followed by rain/slush/snow storms, topped off with compact snow and ice and strong cross winds. Looking forward to driving my truck again and cranking the music while listening to that diesel purr ( I had the company van out there). What do I find when I get home? well before I get to that, here's how I left my truck, in a "secure" and "locked" underground in my town house complex. I arrive to see both the door locks punched in, the passenger door unlocked, the locks on the back cage cut, my CDs gone, my passenger door inside ripped apart in a failed attempt to get the speakers, my large black tool box that usually holds oil and such raped for any hand tools that were there and my red, metal tool chest gone (with a full compliment of tools that can rebuild most trucks), along with some other goodies like my GPS USB antenna, and some other things. WELCOME HOME! ARRGGG. I just want to kill these Fu%$ers that think they can take other people's hard earned s***!
So now I can't lock my truck because both the locks are busted, so I won't be able to get back into it. ICBC is already giving me the run around and the cops took my info and gave me a file number but aren't interested at looking at the truck. I am seriously contemplating getting a gun. So now the fun begins of trying to replace everything and dealing with the morons at the insurance place. If you see on the evening news on Monday that there was a large explosion or gun fire at ICBC in Coquitlam, it's me, bring bail money, I'll start working on the insanity plea.

That just plain SUCKS!!! :mad:
Not just the stuff you lose, but the idea of being violated.
GG

Yes, I feel like I was raped and didn't enjoy it, from now on I am starting to hide razor blades in little discreet areas of my truck and the next time I leave for a longer trip I will find a way to wire 110V to the truck body so when some prick touches it it will leave a lasting mark.

i have had my truck stolen and recovered and then stolen again and destroyed....i know just how you feel. sorry to hear about it

dam that's sucks. i now how you feel i came home from a week long trip to find my door to the house unlocked. when i opened it the house was ransacked and i lost a lot of stuff. i wasn't comfortable for a long time.:bang:

Geez, I'm really sorry to hear that, Mat. That really sucks!

I hope you have house insurance to cover all of the stuff in the vehicle.

I went to a movie last year and a some idiot breaks in my truck,raansacks it, leaves everything open then locks the door leaving it. Stupid toyota locks. He left with 1 new mechanic glove, 6 year old sunglasses, copy cd's, costco min flashlight, and my copy of copy cd's. Left my mini jump drive and the stereo, tools in the back and anything of actual value. It just rally po'd me that he locked it up after.

Holy Fxxx MATT, I know exactly where you are at, That sucks. I know how its done , my car theives are no LONGER ie PRADO. I know exactly where you are at. Call Me if you need Help. Somebody knew that you were gone for a while. I didnt, Seriously I got fxxxed and Never again.

I know exactly how you feel.........underground parking garages are the worst...
the first week I had my truck it got broken into in my underground, mine came with factory alarm but PO lost the fob so I couldn't arm it until I got a fob off ebay 2 weeks later.
they got in by prying open the rear sliding glass....took my hi-lift, a sweet portable compressor that my wife bought me, speakers, my tool box, etc. etc. ... the guy
must have had a shopping cart with him to carry it all away..
just about everyone in my area has got a story like this....

you feel like you have been raped up the rear and there's not a damn thing you can do about it....
I have a tire iron hidden for any (hopefully) future encounters down there....:mad::wrench:...:eek:

The worst place to keep your vehical is an underground.Sometimes harder to get into but once your in(the s***head) gets alot of privacy and light to see what thier doing.They can hear someone coming and have lots of time to hide then return to what they were doing when the coast is clear.

When we live in a society where we have to be paranoid most of the time, to avoid being ripped off, it takes a lot of joy out of life. I've lived here all of my life, and have watched things deteriorate slowly to the point where, everything has to be locked up and nailed down. Now we have to be suspicious of everyone, waiting for the next rip. What's the point of having anything decent if its going to be boosted when you turn your back? No wonder many long time residents are heading over to Vancouver Island to smaller communities where you know your neighbours better.
Very sorry to read your bad news, Mat.

Accept the fact that crime in the cities is only going to get worse. The bigger the city the worse it will get. The cops don't care, they're inept to ineffective and only interested in doing as little as possible to protect their asses and preserve their pensions. The insurance companies don't care, they just raise the rates to cover the losses. Booby trapping a vehicle or residence will likely get you charged with reckless endangerment. Security systems are minimally effective. Your best bet is to get out while the getting is good and find a small community to live in. Consider this unpleasant incident as your wake-up call.

Sorry to hear that Matt. I can stand theiving. Anyone who can't work honestly for what they have just pisses me off. I guess it's the northern European in me. Work for what you have.

Small communities also have crime...just everyone knows who the criminal is.

blog on

When you land at the airport in Singapore it says the something like Penalty for Drug Smuggling and Trafficking is Death.

The result is incredible -- the streets are spotless, clean, vibrant, no street people, no bums, no beggars, no needles, no hookers, no petty theft, no home invasions, no drive by shootings, no gang wars, no threat of personal safety -

this anarchy in Vancouver is caused by drug addiction (petty theft to support the drug habit - demand) and drug profits (gang wars fighting over the incredible profits - supply competition). Canadian law is a revolving door for these criminals. Soon people will arming themselves as they do in the US.

Tough measures are needed - Register all the addicts - give them medical attention and drugs they need for rehab - take the profits away from the gangsters and when you catch'em don't let them go. Simple but not easy. Gov't is over its head on this- they do not know what to do -- where is Charles Bronson when you need him.

Tough measures are needed - Register all the addicts - give them medical attention and drugs they need for rehab - take the profits away from the gangsters and when you catch'em don't let them go. Simple but not easy.
ah yes, but I suspect that some of those profits go to maintain the status quo. The government could solve this problem if the will was there, but it's obviously not.
globeandmail.com: Obama's men in Afghanistan

thats a $hitty deal mat...sorry to hear. check craigslist to see if any of your belongings popup. good luck with ICBC...too bad alot of the big ticket items wont be reimbursed. ive had exciting times when i parked in an open unlocked underground lot in the west end...too bad i didnt have anything worth stealing im my cars then.

...i guess you'll be leaving your truck pretty empty next time youre out of town for a long time. huh. karmas a bitch...and they'll get whats coming to them.

This is the 8th time I have had either my personal or company vehicle broken into, at times only damage has been done but in most cases there have been things stolen. One year it got to the point that when I went into Home Depot to buy my 3rd saw-z-all the lady at the counter asked me: "don't you already have a couple of these?", no, I used to.
Everyone of you has a story of similar effect and those who don't should consider themselves lucky, but be extra vigilant because it's only a matter of time until it happens to you. Sad but true.
In a society where we face such odds, and little to no help from those who are supposed to protect and help us, we are faced with a difficult decision, continue living and just hope the next time the damage is small, live in fear and lock everything up and don't buy the good stuff on the fear of it might be stolen, or stand up. Personally I am installing, myself, a hidden camera in the underground to a recorder in my house, I don't care how long it takes me but I will find who is responsible and deal with it accordingly and justly. It is sad that it has to come to this but even if you give a tape to the police of someone doing something illegal they still walk 80% of the time.
I personally have had enough, I work too hard to have it taken from me by someone with no morals, ethics, or principles and that has no notion of what it mean to live in a society. As for Karma, I'm not going to wait that long.

This is the 8th time I have had either my personal or company vehicle broken into, at times only damage has been done but in most cases there have been things stolen. One year it got to the point that when I went into Home Depot to buy my 3rd saw-z-all the lady at the counter asked me: "don't you already have a couple of these?", no, I used to.
Everyone of you has a story of similar effect and those who don't should consider themselves lucky, but be extra vigilant because it's only a matter of time until it happens to you. Sad but true.
In a society where we face such odds, and little to no help from those who are supposed to protect and help us, we are faced with a difficult decision, continue living and just hope the next time the damage is small, live in fear and lock everything up and don't buy the good stuff on the fear of it might be stolen, or stand up. Personally I am installing, myself, a hidden camera in the underground to a recorder in my house, I don't care how long it takes me but I will find who is responsible and deal with it accordingly and justly. It is sad that it has to come to this but even if you give a tape to the police of someone doing something illegal they still walk 80% of the time.
I personally have had enough, I work too hard to have it taken from me by someone with no morals, ethics, or principles and that has no notion of what it mean to live in a society. As for Karma, I'm not going to wait that long.

I'm pretty sure that should you install that camera and actually catch someone on tape breaking into your, or someone elses, vehicle that the video of that offense would be inadmissable in court as you have no right surveiling public property, or shared property.

Of course, that is ridiculous but that seems to be our system of 'justice'.

With all of the 'petty' crime happening to support drug dependencies the only solution that I see is across the board legalization.

Taking them to court would be a total waste of time, however finding out who they are, and appling generous boot prints would be most gratifying.
I feel your pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom