welcome....... BATTLEWAGON (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
P2120109.jpg

Been a while coming but I got enough progress pics I thought I'd post'em to motivate myself to finish.
P2020105.jpg

It's a recession buster budget build. I started with a 1990 62 with a salvage title, only thing wrong with it was a crumpled door and fender, found a donor and got the parts for free, bonus was they were the same color. Stole the doors of it too, made some 1/3 doors for easy access and friggin cool factor.

P2160168.jpg

1" boat roller body lift gave the 34x10.5 Swampers some room, 1.25" spacers and they barely rub the bolt at full flex. Extended shackles to follow soon.

P2160193.jpg

Stole the roof rack off my wifes Pathfinder and fabbed a bumper from some leftover steel from an old project. Found some KC's in an old box too.
P2160208.jpg

Plan is to fab a rear bumper and swingout next. Then paint, maybe just a rattlecan stripe to cover the flaking clearcoat, I'm thinking flat black, thoughts? I might weld the rear as it's a trail duty rig plus I have a full 160k donor, again the same color for when that tranny goes.

Altogether I only have about $1,700 into it and 162k on the OD.

P2160177.jpg

I'd love some feedback on the bumper, it's something I'd been mulling over for a while, the round tube is only tacked on now so I could change it if I wanted. The main frame is 2x4 1/8 wall end to end. Rotted muffler replaced with single glasspack and turndown, sounds pretty good for 30 bucks.
P2160172.jpg

Nice job! Dig the doors.:beer:

Weld that rear up and dont look back. Look at my sig.:hillbilly:

Is that thing on fire in the 4th pic? ;)

Is that thing on fire in the 4th pic? ;)

No it was cold out and it's my breath, I thought it was a cool effect. Scary.

'97FJ80, 157K, J's, 39's, 529'S, welded rear, ARB, winch, cat delete, custom exhaust over the frame, lots and lots of dents, Flop tested.

'88 FJ62, 160k, Chopped top, 38 TSL's, welded rear.

'85 AE86 Corolla, Welded rear, Supra wheels, Weber, etc.

YES! I'll do it!

This battle wagon is badass!! How do the 1/3 doors open?

I made them specificly so I wouldn't have to open them getting in and out. I put the hinges on pins for easy swapping to full size doors. I thought about integrating the handle into the top like I'd seen on other 1/2 doors but the way I set it up will work, it will just have a little pull tab for the handle mech, just simpler and not as trick.

and thanks! My first cruiser was a white 84 like yours, I have always had a soft spot for white 60's, they're definetley my favorite. I have a pic of me asleep in the back seat when I was 5, then it was mine at 16.

I like the bumper, it fits with the battle wagon theme. The picture with the fog looks like WWF wrestler could be driving into an arena or something.

I like the bumper, it fits with the battle wagon theme. The picture with the fog looks like WWF wrestler could be driving into an arena or something.

I think you understand me completely. In your head is there flames shooting out the side and "Enter the Sandman" blasting through the overhead speakers as the BATTLEWAGON jumps 30 Jeep Wranglers to land in the center of the ring?

Im with you except the wranglers all need to explode as the cruiser is jumping them. :bounce::bounce:

SUPER COOL ...weld it strong and go for it ....mines welded as well but I have broken the weld a few times I also dig the doors :steer:

I made them specificly so I wouldn't have to open them getting in and out. I put the hinges on pins for easy swapping to full size doors. I thought about integrating the handle into the top like I'd seen on other 1/2 doors but the way I set it up will work, it will just have a little pull tab for the handle mech, just simpler and not as trick.

and thanks! My first cruiser was a white 84 like yours, I have always had a soft spot for white 60's, they're definetley my favorite. I have a pic of me asleep in the back seat when I was 5, then it was mine at 16.

Well thank you! Mine's got a slight orange tint that makes me want to start cutting away like you've done. I hope I'll be able to go SOA this summer with 35's, so we'll see.:hmm:

The battle wagon is definitely giving me some ideas.

Hell of a truck :cheers:, love the look of the bumper, I've been looking for a bad-ass looking bumper like that for a while, still havnt found the right one, only thing I wouldnt change on your, is just make it bigger and beefier. If that makes sense, more plate,tube ect.

-Carl

Well thank you! Mine's got a slight orange tint that makes me want to start cutting away like you've done. I hope I'll be able to go SOA this summer with 35's, so we'll see.:hmm:

The battle wagon is definitely giving me some ideas.

as far as the bumper goes, I wanted something high clearance and not toooo bulky, I think I accomplished it.

the only thing I cut up was my extra set of doors, and you be careful with that perty white cruiser.

I forgot to mention in my previous post my sliders. 2x2 1/8 wall welded to the frame gussetted on diagonal cut plates. I cut out about 1" of the seam and tucked em in close.

as far as the bumper goes, I wanted something high clearance and not toooo bulky, I think I accomplished it.

the only thing I cut up was my extra set of doors, and you be careful with that perty white cruiser.

I forgot to mention in my previous post my sliders. 2x2 1/8 wall welded to the frame gussetted on diagonal cut plates. I cut out about 1" of the seam and tucked em in close.

The bumper is definitely high clearance and should provide protection in case of an accident. The sliders look stout as well!

Make sure to get out and wheel that thing this weekend to test the sliders out.

I should put up newer pics of my rig....

BATTLEWAGON is not battle ready. Still need to: finish bumper, passenger slider, and zap that dif. Then it's Brown's Camp ho.

Post pics of White Lightening when you get the chance.

I just posted some up in my old ROTW so I didn't hijak this thread more than I already have.

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom