Weird vibration

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Taz, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Taz

Taz

I have a weird noise coming from what seems to be the front of the 80. I have the J springs and 1.5" spacers in the front. The noise occurs while driving down hill at 55+ with my foot barely on the accelerator, just at the point where there is no load on the driveterrain. It sounds like air passing over the end of a tube. I can feel the vibration in my feet more than I can hear it. Is this a common noise/problem related to bad birfields? I tried removing the front driveshaft, this reduced the noise only slightly.

2. Scamper

Scamper

Not sure about driveline noise, but I had a weird vibration/noise coming from the wheel well a while back that turned out to be the rubber/plastic shield (for lack of a better description) that's fitted to the back and inside of the wheel well. It had come loose and was wagging back and forth in the wheel well when I got going fast enough. Might want to check that sort of thing out before tearing into anything.
    Tom

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.