Weird switch behind dash ???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So... this particular job started out as a simple :rolleyes: antenna replacement... having no luck getting to the antenna cable it looked and was pretty easy to pull the middle dash bezel and get at the radio, pulled the radio, etc, decided since I was in there I was going to replace all the dead bulbs while I was at it, (BTW did a search and found the part numbers for the bulbs) but...

What is that A/M slide switch on the back of the climate control cluster?

I have a 94...

Also... someone mentioned Radio Shack had a bulb that would work in place of the dash bulbs (I'm OK with bending leads around the OEM bulb bayonets) anyone have an idea what bulb I need to get? I know they are 14V 1.4 amp...

Thanks!

Thanks... :doh:

msahr said:
Also... someone mentioned Radio Shack had a bulb that would work in place of the dash bulbs (I'm OK with bending leads around the OEM bulb bayonets) anyone have an idea what bulb I need to get? I know they are 14V 1.4 amp...

Thanks!

I just changed a burned out bulb with a Radio Shack one. The oem bulb is green, whereas the R/S bulb is amber (not colored). Eack packages comes with two bulbs and the pig tail is around 2" long! The p/n on the package: 272-1092, 12 vdc, 60 mA.

Good luck.

Last edited:
medtro said:
Huh? I don't think I said it will work.

Sorry...wasn't saying you were...fixed it..

My 89 Supra turbo has the Auto Climate control (different headunit though), with the sun light sensor, in cab temp sensor, and external sensor, and it even keeps the fans off until the temperature warms up for the heat.

So that gets me wondering... why didn't earlier 80's have all the auto climate stuff, they were the top of the line Toy truck. Also... for those that have manual CC, I wonder if the sensors are the same from a mkiii supra and could be got from a salvage yard for cheap, then just add them to the manual CC in the LC's ?

gbell210 said:
My 89 Supra turbo has the Auto Climate control (different headunit though), with the sun light sensor, in cab temp sensor, and external sensor, and it even keeps the fans off until the temperature warms up for the heat.

So that gets me wondering... why didn't earlier 80's have all the auto climate stuff. Also... for those that have manual CC, I wonder if the sensors are the same from a mkiii supra and could be got from a salvage yard for cheap, then just add them to the manual CC in the LC's ?

This is what I was trying to test with flipping the switch.

To see if the sensors were there just not enabled by this A--M switch. The fan would work but the A/C wouldn't come on. There is a button in the middle of the A/C unit we are missing....which might be the missing link! ;)

I personally love the auto C/C the wife's Maxima has it and I love it...especially for long trips.

Let us know if you go digging and what you find! :cheers:

alia176 said:
I just changed a burned out bulb with a Radio Shack one. The oem bulb is green, whereas the R/S bulb is amber (not colored). Eack packages comes with two bulbs and the pig tail is around 2" long! The p/n on the package: 272-1092, 12 vdc, 60 mA.

Good luck.

Actually the ones I ended up getting were not colored (clear lenses) and I was able to get the little green rubber cover squeezed between the bulb and the bayonet. Got it all back together and 2 of the lights work, one does not! :crybaby: :eek:

I used the same bulbs from Radio Shack... part number was the same but uncolored (clear)? weird.

But hey the rubber removable cheapie radio antenna works great! Better reception and I don't have to worry about trees or car washes any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom