1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Security System behaviour

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by bj70alex, Mar 4, 2004.

1. bj70alex

bj70alex

Hi,

Just purchased a 93 FZJ80. The scurity system does pretty strange things. I parked the car under the carport, didn't use the security, left the keys at home and went to work.
    When I shut the car off and then closed the door (didn't lock it), the security light begin to blink, is it normal??
    When I came home, I needed to get something out of the truck. Opened the door, alarm didn't go off, but when I opened the hood, it WENT RIGHT OFF.
    What do you guys think the problem might be????

Thanks,
    Alex
    85 BJ70
    93 FZJ80

2. Riley

Riley

Alex - I'm not sure which model of alarm you have (there are 2 different ones that were "dealer installed") - but if you have the manual, have a read...... In mine I read that there is a mode in which the alarm "arms" itself everytime you close the door. That would explain why the alarm light went on but didn't explain why it didn't go off when you opened the rear door and did go off with the hood open.

I think these alarms have a bit of a mind of their own. Start with the manual just to be sure. If you don't have a manual then we need to figure out which model you have and then find you a manual on the site.

Riley

3. Beowulf

Beowulf

Both Toyota USA manuals are on my web site. I'm still looking for an electronic copy of manual for the alarm system that Gulf States Toyota installed. Plus any other "dealer installed" alarms that were commonly installed.

-B-

4. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    The OEM alarms, all types, have nothing at all to do with the hood. It sounds as though you may have some sort of aftermarket alarm.